• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our Deuce from start to (almost) finish!

NJDEUCE

Hello fellow Deuce owners!

My father and I purchased our first Deuce about a year ago and have been working hard on it ever since. Thanks to this site and its wealth of knowledge we have come a long way and learned a lot! Its true nothing is easy on these trucks but with the TM's by our side nothing has been to hard.

I'll give a little background on our truck. We purchased our Deuce from it's owner, who bought it from the P.A. National Guard. It was in decent shape to begin with, but needed some TLC in the way of patches, paint, troop seats, bows, new soft top, cargo cover, brakes...etc...you know the deal!

We started by removing every tire and thoroughly cleaning and inspecting all of the components inside. Taking no chances, we replaced all wheel cylinders and brake lines...as well as a new master cylinder and airpack. We also noticed a bad brake light switch, and thanks to SS we replaced it with the new air operated one. The emergency brake was shot as well, so that got new shoes/springs/cable..etc

We had to patch the side bed rails because of rust holes and decided to just weld new plates over the length. The fenders needed some welding work as well.

We did a lot of cleaning and sanding :-| Worked on installing the winch we had gotten, plus getting the troop seats/bows cleaned and painted. And finally worked on getting the whole truck painted/stenciled. We bought two new windshields and installed them as well. Our last big project was getting the PTO installed and hooking the winch up, as well as changing most of the fluids in the truck.

I'm sure there is a lot I am leaving out, but I will edit this post if I think of anything pertinent. We also understand that our markings are not historically accurate, but they are more for us than anything...so bash all you want but its our truck :razz:

Attachments

Last edited:

cornrichard

Wow! That is a lot to get done in less than a year. I really like it. Almost to nice to use, don't let that stop you. If you can make it look that good in that short of time, you can fix anything you blemish off road.

NJDEUCE

Let's just say we spent a lot of weekends on this thing! We mostly just drive it around town and take it to local car shows for fun, people just love it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks