• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overflow cluster

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The main cluster will contain:

Speedometer
Tachometer (w/hours)
Air psi
Oil psi
Water temp
Pyrometer
high beam indicator

Now that that's out of the way, I am going to be installing an overflow cluster. I know that gauges can be crammed into multi units, but I like a separate gauge for each thing, the more the merrier (a plane cockpit is my inspiration). This is a cluster that I won't look at very often, when I start up, before I shut down, at lights, etc. Many of these gauges will have warnings that can draw my attention if they exceed a parameter.

Below is my latest mock up. It's not exact, just a general idea of where things will go. The grid in the pic is 1". This panel is 30" long x 10" high, and will be mounted above the driver window and tilted down ( / ). My cab has been modified to allow this.

There are lots of items on this panel that wouldn't be in a normal deuce. My deuce is far, far from normal, I prefer to think of it as abnormal.

I have 2 inclinometers and a boat compass that I'm installing elsewhere, in the cab.

I will be building a camper in the back with a sub floor and its own electrical system.

Anyone else think of anything else? This isn't necessarily about need, though I would like gauges to serve an actual function.

overflow cluster concept.jpg

The 4 gauges on the left are fuel tanks. The square in the bottom right, are air lockers. I don't need a black water gauge because I won't have a tank for that purpose.

Barrman

I am also an information junkie. More gauges are better! There might be an app for a tablet or smart phone that will let you have all the things you want without cutting more holes. Aircraft spruce sells similar stuff for aviation uses. Just something to think about.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at a cellphone whilst driving will get you a big ticket...

Can't imagine that is any safer flying a plane.

DG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks