• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2013 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

shenkmen

This is the official sign up thread for the Fall 2013 Rausch Creek MV Rally.

The event will take place from Friday, October 25 to Sunday, October 27th at Rausch Creek Offroad park in Tremont, PA. You can arrive Thursday, October 24 if you like. Early arrivals are helpful as they will reserver our favorite spot.

Rausch Creek offers the following...

• On site primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails. We stick to the easy ones due to the size of our trucks.
  • Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
  • Most of the group will hit the trails for the day. You are welcome to stay at camp until the group returns.

Rausch Creek's website has allot of info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Membership

What you can expect...

What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready. C'mon, don't miss this!
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...
    • The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group. (This info is needed to make a reservation.)
  • Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...
    • A Generator.
    • Firewood.
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Thursday.
    • What else???

I'll update this post with the current attendee list and info.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

east property.jpg northeast property.jpg south and west property.jpg RC camp site.jpglist 10.21.gif

Last edited:

shenkmen

I'll be there Friday 10/25 around 6pm with my deuce, two people and camping until Sunday. I'll bring some firewood.

Edit: Should be there by 2:30.

Last edited:

71m109a3

I will be there Friday with my 1009 and some fire wood. My friend will probably be there again as well, with his Land Cruiser. Looking forward to it.

max1008

Dam, just realized I will need to renew my membership at RC.

Ill get there friday night. Stay until sunday. Not sure about vehicle yet.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will be there Friday around noon, stay until late Saturday night or Sunday morning, as usual. No vehicle as of yet, still broke as ****. But can bring some firewood and maybe a boombox with some tunes.

sirpecka

I will be coming with 1 other person and my duce. I can make it Thursday night if I have to. Its about a 3 hour drive from the top of nepa and will be there until sunday. I can bring a hefty stack of wood pallets if you guys would like for fire wood. I also have two military generators. Ones on a trailer. Its a 10kbw. I wouldnt run it at night because it will wake the dead but if you think we need it I can trailer it right behind the duce. My smokehouse trailer is unfortunately gone so no hardcore grilling.

shenkmen

I will be coming with 1 other person and my duce. I can make it Thursday night if I have to. Its about a 3 hour drive from the top of nepa and will be there until sunday. I can bring a hefty stack of wood pallets if you guys would like for fire wood. I also have two military generators. Ones on a trailer. Its a 10kbw. I wouldnt run it at night because it will wake the dead but if you think we need it I can trailer it right behind the duce. My smokehouse trailer is unfortunately gone so no hardcore grilling.
Good to hear. Thursday night arrival is a big help. Pallets are to big to burn in the fire rings so that is a no go. Big genny's would only be needed for welding. We haven't messed up anything that bad yet. :) Bring it if you like. Heck, I'd like to just see it.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big genny's would only be needed for welding. We haven't messed up anything that bad yet. :) Bring it if you like. Heck, I'd like to just see it.
Yes we have. First RC rally in fall 2007 formernewMVguy lost his brakes due to a failed wheel cylinder. Took a small welder to get him back up and...um...stopping.

frigar78

Probably going to be me and at least one other person maybe 2 in my duece.....probably be there around noon on friday. when it comes down to that time i can probley bring a **** ton of fresh eggs and bacon.... ill have my lincoln ranger 8 gas generator/ welder and as much spare parts and tools as possiable..... seems like most of you are bringing wood .... Are you aloud to cut dead falls ???? bring a chain saw????

Looks like I'll be coming (99% positive) down on Thursday afternoon with one guest and camping till Sunday. I'll be bringing my M109 and inverter generator (nice and quiet-ish) plus tons of other camping stuff. May have two other Deuces coming with me from Niagara Falls.

daddy2

I'll be there. Planning on Friday morning/ noon to late Sunday. Will be nice to try out the Camper off road. I'll have wife and two kids at the least.

daddy2

I can bring rigging chains and tow straps. I can also bring plenty of fire wood and a big 55 gal. tank for drinking water. A few cases of beer may fall into the back of the camper. If you guys need me to bring anything in particular, let me know.

shenkmen

I can bring rigging chains and tow straps. I can also bring plenty of fire wood and a big 55 gal. tank for drinking water. A few cases of beer may fall into the back of the camper. If you guys need me to bring anything in particular, let me know.
Bring fire wood. Sounds like you have a good start on supplies. The water can't hurt either.

I want to see the camper!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really wish we could bring our own fire ring (i.e. tractor rim). Those dinky 14-inch car rim fire rings they have there you can barely get a couple pieces of wood in.

I miss campfires made out of stacks of pallets. :)

Timberwolf22

Count me in...... the M35a3 wants another "shot" at making it to Rausch Creek.....

Will have M35a3 w/w with S-280 shelter in cargo bed.

Plan on showing up Friday and camping thru Sunday. Wife and boys (3) plan on making the trip as well - in the chase vehicle.

Will have firewood, MEP-016c generator and camping supplies.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks