• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Performance: 3116 vs 3126 and WTECII vs WTECIII

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Performance: 3116 vs 3126 and WTECII vs WTECIII:

Does anyone have personal experience driving those combinations, the changes that occurred about 1998? Were there 'crossovers', like 3116 with WTECIII, or 3126 with older WTECII?

Did the switch from wired to a solder board PDP (power distribution panel) take place at the same time?

Several of you have said to avoid the printed circuit PDP, but any issues with newer engines and transmissions?

thanks

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
As allison came out with newer generations of wtec they discontinued the older versions. They all work well. I have seen c7 trucks with wtec3. The wtec3 ecm is in a better location to deal with light water on the dash. The computerized engines can have more hp. First a1 trucks with 3126 have pcb, c7 has the 4 breaker blocks.

snowtrac nome

The electronic engines can have better performance, but it comes at an expense. the 3116 engine in my opinion is a much more affordable engine and really all I need. All the 3000 series transmissions are reliable the newer models do seam to be smoother as they shift.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks