• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos in Auction don't match truck delivered.

coyotegray

Has anyone bid on a truck, M35A2, and hired a trucking company to deliver it and when it was delivered it was not the same truck pictured in the auction..?

Im dealing with this right now..

C.g.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Photos in Auction don

Did the trucking company pick up the wrong truck or did GL put the wrong pics in the auction?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Yes, I've heard of this happening. I have also picked up a truck with damage that was not shown in the pics. Both hoods on the M814s that I recently picked up had been damaged, but the trucks were not damaged until after I had won them and they needed to move them.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

FMJ: Yeah, I had the pics and could have proved that the damage happened after I bid on and won the trucks, but I was not sure that GL would have done anything for me except allow me to back out of the bid. I definitely wanted the trucks as they are near fresh rebuilds...both of them. The hoods are not that bad and can be fixed. It is more just an issue with how their staff (I assume GL staff moved the trucks and not the DRMO folks) handle equipment that is for sale or sold. I would complain, but I like the GL site guys and don't want to cause them any problems.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Seabee, you may have a golden opportunity here. Presuming you can provide pics and prove that you have the wrong truck, here's what I would do. Evaluate the truck cosmetically, compare it to the one you bid on. Factor any defeciencies and note them. I would then check the fluids and add batteries and try to fire it. If you have a decent runner then I would go to GL and try to negotiate some type of a discounted price on the truck. If it's a non runner then perhaps some type of return deal. If you didn't preview, this might be a way to assure that you get a runner. Of course if its the shippers fault......

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Kenny, don't you think that type of info would be better off sent in a Pm since we know there are "others" who read this message board now? :wink:

coyotegray

I wanted to update this and say that Greg with GL in San Antonio is taking great care of my problem.

There was a mix up with the paperwork and he is working on getting the wrong truck picked up and the correct one delivered to me..

C.g.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks