• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a nice M101A1 trailer today.

K9Vic

Ran across this as a private sale, not auction and could not pass on it as it matches my M1031 perfectly. It is a 1967 Johnson M101A1 trailer with updated composite rails and newer camouflage top. It also have brand new tires and inside the bed is a spare tire holder. Does not have updated surge brakes or A2 type tires, but not a big deal. One thing it has that I have not seen on a M101 are the U-Bolt hooks like a M105 and they look factory. Amazing how nice a 40+ year old trailer is, they really do build these to last. It pulled great behind my M1031 on a 60 mile trip in this hot Texas sun, it was 107 when I got home. These are days I wish I still have my 03 RAM Dually, but as long as I was moving it was not too hot.

Attachments

K9Vic

Nice setup you got there... Any plans on a trailer build?
None planned, keeping it as it is, but will touch up the paint and probably match the trailer with the top camo. If I run across a A2 axle I may upgrade it so I have easy to rims, but with it's new tires I would rather just get a spare as it has the correct holder in the bed.

Looks clean How much did you pay for it?
Less then what the current going price on GL is for M101 series trailers with no waiting time and it is not tan. I have not been able to get one from GL for under $600 (after fees) and none of them have been green.

Last edited:

K9Vic

I forgot to add that this trailer did not have any hacks to it for lights or plug for them, it is 100% original. I have looked at about 4 of these privately over the last few months and all of them were hacked to civilian lights and hooks ups, with the original parts tossed. I passed on a decent M101A2 because of that, do not want to pay to fix what should be there. When I add a civilian plug I hook it up into the distribution box, so both can be used. I will probably add this and also LED version of the military tail lights for added safety.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks