• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a s250 shelter

TACTICAL6

Is there a way to tell if this shelter is EMI/EMP protected besides looking at the NSN? My data plate is missing.

shielded-NSN 5411-00-489-6076

unshielded- NSN 5411-00-999-4935

Srjeeper

Check the gaskets...

If it's shielded it'll have like screen on the gaskets around the doors & covers, plus if you go inside and close the doors your cell phone won't work.

Otherwise it's unshielded for the most part..;-)

Srjeeper

srjeeper i like your setup. i didnt know water cans can have those little spots attached thats awesome hehehe

Thanks 'srodocker', probably had more comments and PM's on that spigot than on my shelter.

So here's the skinny on the Lid with Spout, Pass it around !!

It's made by our very own 'rlwm211' and sold at a very reasonable price. In doing so, all the guesswork as to "How'd ya do it?", sizes, type fittings, etc. is already taken care of by 'rlwm211'.

Being old and fat, havin me wrestelin a 5gal. Gerry Can of water (while most entertaining for some to watch) is not my idea of a fun time, so I immediately bought one.

Best money I ever spent........so now you have 'The Rest of the Story!'

Did I mention they were made by 'rlwm211'..??????

roflroflrofl

BAZYRKYR

Here is a pic of mine. Radio and rack gear is stripped out, but
it has a NOS heater in it. ie the one that the shelter was designed for.

It is sitting on a M390C trailer which has leveling legs and a built in ladder
that pulls out the back.

Needs more work, but too many other projects going on and I am partially
disabled, so things don't go as fast as I would like.
Bruce

Can you please tell me more about this heater and where I may be able to find one?

Thanks

-BAZYRKYR

BAZYRKYR

T6,

This guy has NOS ~ 250 hold downs on E-Bay:
S-250 Shelter Tie Down and Sling ASSY 5600 LBS NEW | eBay

They work great with the 105 and if you cut the ring, take off the slings and loop the four cables, they fit perfectly to the rings and front hook on the trailer. That's how Uncle would do it and it'll hold better than straps, plus you can easily tighten or loosen as needed.

Here's a pic of mine.....good luck....[thumbzup]
Hello Srjeeper...I saw this post you made the other day and bought these tie downs based on your recommendation. I also bought Greg's son's shelter and trailer and now I need to tie this thing down with the tie down cables. Could you give me a sort of detailed explanation on how to do this as you described in your post? Also...you wouldn't happen to have any pics from when you did it would you? Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEATER, SPACE MULTIFUEL WITH BLOWER
15,000 BTU/HR, 28 VDC
(VBM MODEL VBM 15-IV)
NSN 4520-01-032-7363

This is the heater that goes in my S-250
I just lucked out and found it at a MV swap meet years ago.
I paid $150 for it which was not cheep, but it was NOS still in a sealed package.
I installed it but still need to finish the exhaust system for it.

Sorry about the delay on this, but I missed your post the first time around.
Bruce

quickfarms

Removin the rivets is a pain, but once there all out it's a breeze. I drilled most of mine and knocked them in. I don't know who had the rivet contract, but they musta cleaned up!! Then I filled the holes with Metal Mend and painted everything.

I built a small closet in mine, a fold down bed, TV, small elect. heater, ventilation fans and it's cozy. Doesn't take much to heat or cool it, but room is at a preimum. For one person it's perfect and at my age it beats the heck out of a cot in the 105. Get up, get dressed, plug in the coffe maker and life is good...rain, snow, sleet or zombies. rofl
Can you post some more pictures of the interior

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have info on which cannon plug is correct (National Stock Number) for the AC / HEATER which is designed for these? It's a 4-pin connector with female pins (male pins on the unit's plug); Also, where to get one?

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks