• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up Sat

Rmtaunton

Going to pick up Saturday, Well I hope to. I am purchasing Saturday and if all is good or simple field repairs, I will be bringing her home or all the way to the wrecker one. deuce 1.jpg

If bigger repairs are needed I will make a list come back and get those parts or have towed.

I need to find a spare 395 close if anyone has one to borrow or sell.

wish me luck

Robert

Rmtaunton

And I will be heading from Roanoke VA. to Smyrna GA. south on 81 to 75 south so if you see a deuce with a guy with a big grin in it give a wave

"And I will be heading from Roanoke VA. to Smyrna GA. south on 81 to 75 south so if you see a deuce with a guy with a big grin in it give a wave"

So exactly how will we be able to tell you from any other deuce drivers in the area?

Last edited:
good point , so wave at all :-D
Good man!

Good luck with your deuce, think of all the new gadgets you will be able to add on such as a remote a oil reservoir, spin-on oil filters, backup lights, LED lamps, and everything else to make it into YOUR truck.

Your smile can only get bigger!

Last edited:

Rmtaunton

Oh I am sure it will need lots and lots of things ! They are like kids always wanting more and plenty of attention if its anything like my other 5 jeeps

Rmtaunton

Thank you.
She will be my first Deuce, previous owner cut the sides off of the bed , hopefully he did a clean job if so I can weld a bottom plate and hinges ondeuce 3.jpg

Rmtaunton

Well, I have all my parts, fluids, filters, tools, and misc. Fix it buckets ( compression fittings, hard lines, soft lines, flaring tools , seals, felpro, rtv, hoses belts, etc etc) and so much more it looks like I will fill the longed f350. Leaving at 730 sat morning to pic up spare from another great member , through Chatanooga then up I81 to Roanoke to pick her up. From Roamoke south to Charlotte on 77 then south to Atlanta. If anyone is on the route and offers a place I could make repairs if needed would be wonderful.

Thanks again for all the help I have found here and encouraging responses.

Robert Taunton

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
She will be my first Deuce, previous owner cut the sides off of the bed , hopefully he did a clean job if so I can weld a bottom plate and hinges on

If you want to replace the butchered bed with a drop side PM me.

I'd address the big tires on stock rims ASAP.

Still a nice looking truck.

Another Ahab

Well, I have all my parts, fluids, filters, tools, and misc. Fix it buckets ( compression fittings, hard lines, soft lines, flaring tools , seals, felpro, rtv, hoses belts, etc etc) and so much more it looks like I will fill the longed f350. Leaving at 730 sat morning to pic up spare from another great member , through Chatanooga then up I81 to Roanoke to pick her up. From Roamoke south to Charlotte on 77 then south to Atlanta. If anyone is on the route and offers a place I could make repairs if needed would be wonderful.

Thanks again for all the help I have found here and encouraging responses.

Robert Taunton
I believe that puts you over Monteagle Mountain in TN; now there's a right pretty drive. Best of Luck!

Rmtaunton

I agree as soon as she gets home her first upgrade is at least two wheels for the steers hopefully all.

Thank you WM I will do that as you are close to me in Smyrna and my camp house in Valley, AL, which is where she will be living.

ATPTac

If anyone is on the route , it would be great to hear a hello just in case , thanks again everyone .

Robert
I'm in Charlotte literally 5 minutes from 77 at the NC/SC state line. Shoot me a PM if you need my number. We're actually going to be out and about tomorrow with our Deuce and a 5 ton doing a recovery.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks