• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pipeline truck value ?

xm708

Have a buddy that has a complete pipeline truck in storage and is getting rid of everything for health reasons. Anybody buy a complete running driving one recently or seen one for sale ? looking for prices essentially any help would be appreciated and when it comes up for sale as long as admins give me the ok I will be putting it on the classifieds section. truck is complete and rust free.

ed

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a cool truck with a small following. With that said, it's hard to determine what the market will hold. I sold a small amount of BII of mine for $1000 but it had the ever elusive trunion in the package. I know of a few folks over the years that would like to hold that trunion just long enough to draw it up in CAD. Location of the truck will also bear heavily on price. Complete as in how complete? Both bed anchors, all bedsides, side gin pole anchors trunion and chains? Bows and top?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are a great truck and kind of rare. Most seemed to be beat up pretty bad so one in decent shape has got to be even rarer.

Like Kenny said, it's hard to put a hard dollar on but it should bring a pretty good premium over a cargo of the same condition.

Also, when you do decide to list it, you'll have to get Mod approval before you can sell a truck in the classifieds that isn't yours. Send a Mod a PM about it before you list it.

rustystud

The only problem with "specialty" trucks is they do not appeal to the average buyer. Most want a deuce that can haul some stuff or be made into a RV or just trashed playing in the boonies. I have found only die hard collectors will buy these "unique" trucks for their own personal collection and since they usually have many trucks already they don't want to pay a premium for another one. There was a "communications" deuce for sell a few years back out here (really rare). It was on the market for a loooong time !!! They finally brought the price down to what other deuces where selling for and it sold. So what I'm saying is don't get your expectations up about how much your going to get for this truck. You just never know.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two complete pipeline trucks from the Jack Tomlin collection were listed at $9k each a couple of years ago. I inquired about one and was told they were taking offers. The salesman wouldn't (or couldn't) answer my questions so I didn't make an offer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two complete pipeline trucks from the Jack Tomlin collection were listed at $9k each a couple of years ago. I inquired about one and was told they were taking offers. The salesman wouldn't (or couldn't) answer my questions so I didn't make an offer.
I remember those, they looked quite nice.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In northern Utah right before Christmas 2014 there were a number of pipeline trucks (M756) for sale. I only saw two in person:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-quot-thread&p=1650241&viewfull=1#post1650241

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-quot-thread&p=1650244&viewfull=1#post1650244

They had been sitting for a number of years but drove with new batteries. I was told the seller was asking $12k, but probably could be talked down to $8-10k. They were still there in May 2015. I forgot to look this last weekend when I was up that way.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The pat answer is that it is worth what an interested party is willing to pay for it.
When I was looking for my first deuce I let a pipeline truck that was selling locally go because it had some rust issues.
I told David Doyle about it and he bought it. As far as I know it is still in his collection in TN.
I have an M275 which is a fairly rare truck that I have been trying to sell for over a year at what I consider a fair price.
It is still holding down a chuck of real estate out back but I won't take less because that is my bottom line.
All you can do it post it and see who bites.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In regards to rare trucks and the M275A2, I've had a few of them as well. Like Wreckerman, I struggled to sell the really nice one I had as well. Very hit and miss. DRMO sold off a bunch of the lil tractors for a few hundred each in the 90s. The pipeline truck is much more useful. Other than a somewhat smaller bed, they can do everything a cargo truck can do and so much more. The midships winch is a huge bonus.

xm708

pipeline

Thanks guys That's what I had figured. I have a rare m37 dump and I know some value on other rarities but have not seen one of these suckers come up lately. I know she is rust free and has the trunion and all BII so she is nice and stored indoors since owned for 15 years so she is sweet. I know I have to get permission for selling for somebody else thanks for the heads up..

QUOTE=Recovry4x4;1746522]In regards to rare trucks and the M275A2, I've had a few of them as well. Like Wreckerman, I struggled to sell the really nice one I had as well. Very hit and miss. DRMO sold off a bunch of the lil tractors for a few hundred each in the 90s. The pipeline truck is much more useful. Other than a somewhat smaller bed, they can do everything a cargo truck can do and so much more. The midships winch is a huge bonus.[/QUOTE]

SteveKuhn

I'll be watching for that pipeline ad. AND for the M37 dump :razz:

I came across some photos of the pipeline from Sussex a couple years ago on Dave Ahl's page. It was taking 2 guys and a bit of 'oomph' to get that gin pole flipped.

Steve

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be watching for that pipeline ad. AND for the M37 dump :razz:

I came across some photos of the pipeline from Sussex a couple years ago on Dave Ahl's page. It was taking 2 guys and a bit of 'oomph' to get that gin pole flipped.

Steve
The gin pole assy can be lifted with the winch as well. I really need to find my pipeline documents and post them here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks