• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PM Checklists

skytroop232

I am looking for the military Preventative Maintinence checklists (if they exist).
We are using our 2 deuces for a Disaster Response Team and I am putting together a pre - use, during and after checklist for local and depolyment use of the deuces.

Any leads or anybody have the TM number they are in.
Thanks.

jasonjc

You want to use these truck for a Disaster Response Team. BUT YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE/READ THE OPERATOR'S MANUAL!?!?!?!?

Chief_919

In the -10 manual will be your operator PMCS- some are listed a before-during after, some are listed as daily-weekly-monthly.

In the -20 manual you will find the seminannual, annual and biannual services. Not always all 3 depending on the vehicle, but at a minimum it will have annual listed.

A complete, by the book service starts with everything in the -10, followed by everything in the -20. From that date foward you do everything as it comes up from that date- the daily checks done every day, the weekly done at 1 week intervals after that date, the monthly at one month intervals after that date, the annual service done 1 year from that date (+/- 30 days).

Your entire maintenance program is laid out in these TM's. It should be followed by every duece owner, from day 1 of ownership being a full annual service before you operate the truck.

skytroop232

Thanks for the info, except for Jason. Yes, I have the manual and have used it extensively. The one I have does not have checklists, it has all you need to do but not in checklist form.

That is the reason I asked the question here. The knowledge here is a lot better than the manuals. Most of the people on this team have never had any interaction with a military vehicle and the vehicles can be very intimidating. I am trying to make the introduction to and use of the deuces as user friendly as possible.
The vehicles will be parked the majority of the time and that is the reason for the two types of lists.

So again, thanks you for the locations, and Jason, as my momma said, if you don't have something good to say, just don't say it.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the Lube Order (LO-9-2320-209-12-1) and the Operators Pre-drive inspection Checklist (GTA-9-1-185). Those two ought to summarize things nicely.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I had a good experience with Bob and his group so I thought I'd give this thread a bump. These guys put together a search and rescue group from members of their church and a grant from their national church group. They have a couple of nice deuces and trailers and some nice equipment. They did some real good training and the members are motivated. These guys are gonna be better equipped and trained than the average National Guard unit. Kudos to them! I kinda like their name, D.I.R.T, Disaster Immediate Response Team.

CobraCDR

The response team idea sounds cool, good luck with it. PLEASE... download and read / follow the guidance in the operators manuals for the truck before you start using it. The manuals will walk you through just about everything you need to know (PMCS, operation, maintenance, etc.). One of the things the military does well is put to gether an almost "idiot proof" manual. Great reference to be reading over in your free time and have handy when you work on the truck. I would recommend everyone on the team having a copy of the manual(s) and being familiar with them. Rule one of disaster response in not to add to the problem, know the equipment so you have so you can make the best possible use of it. 2cents

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They had the manual sitting right next to the trucks for reference. As part of the training some newer tires were being put on to replace some worn ones. These guys are doing it right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks