• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poll: Deuce Ins. What company do you use?

What Insurance Company do you insure your Deuce with?

• Total voters

Deuce_of_Spades

Ok, I had so much input on my insurance limitation question that now I'm really curious who everyone is using for their insurance, and if they have had to submit a claim for anything? If so how would you rate their service. I think this would help us newbies in our search for quality insurance that has propper coverage. I am mostly interested in weekly/monthly drivers more so than the true show trucks but please everyone chime in so that we can get a big picture.

chvss65

I use State Farm for my bobbed Deuce, Its titled as a pickup under 12,000 (which the weight is) $125 full coverage/comprehensive with an agreed value of $10,000.
I tried to insure a tandem dump with them, the local agent wrote the policy, which was canceled by State Farm Corporate, once they figured it out, but to be fair I was using it for construction work, they caught me ha ha

I would suggest to go to an independent insurance agent, lay it on the line, show the vehicle, talk about converge and usage. My independent agent covered my dump for about 900 a year for construction commercial use full converge for a 1977 International and that was 2 years ago.

There are other lesser know companies that independent agents should have knowledge
Just my past experience that worked

And mkcoen is very right, with anything nowadays--work-insurance-and many other things
if your outside of written policy, you are legally on your own

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Travelers for my M37. $200/yr for Liability and Uninsured Motorist coverage but it's a $500k CSL (combined single limits) policy. That means my Uninsured Motorist coverage is $500k when some idiot hits me and doesn't have insurance. This is one coverage I would recommend to all right after Liability. Depending on what state you live in there are up to 60% of the people on the road without insurance. Don't be one of them and hope like hell you don't get hit by one of them.

crazyplowboy

My Deuce is insured through Haggerty, $202 per year for full coverage. They require that you lock it up when not in use (park it in a garage or barn) and you are not supposed to drive it more than 500 miles a year. But who knows how many miles you really drive a year? :wink: I dont think they actually check milage, or I hope they don't.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Farm Bureau. $160 a year for my M35A2 and M715. Liability only but no restrictions.

steelandcanvas

Hagerty...2 conditions, I must own and insure another vehicle, and I can't haul people in the bed. I have other insurance that kicks in for parades, so I can transport personnel in the bed.

bugei

i had to submit a towing bill for my duece, even before i had actually insured it ( recovery fun). state farm paid it no problemo. but i do believe that it was somehow at my agents discression. the bill was $350 or so. to add comp and collision was like an extra $20 a year over straight liablity.

cam7002

Uninsured Motorist coverage ... This is one coverage I would recommend to all right after Liability. Depending on what state you live in there are up to 60% of the people on the road without insurance. Don't be one of them and hope like hell you don't get hit by one of them.
I used to do a couple of fender benders as a lawyer working for plaintiffs. After my first case, I immediately changed the limits of my coverage upward, and I added not only uninsured, but underinsured motorist coverage, too. If you get creamed by some knucklehead with state minimums, you may as well be dealing with no coverage. But that UM/UIM will protect you from this and hit-and-runs, at least in NC. It is a "must have". I hate, hate, hate insurance companies, but I would really recommend that my colleagues here find out about UM/UIM.

I also gotta give props to my insurance company, Amica. They are the tops. Don't know if they'd insure a deuce however. If I should be the knucklehead and cream someone, I don't want my insurance company standing in the way of that person getting his/her just compensation. State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide are the worst. They are not like good neighbors, you are not in good hands, and they are not on your side. Trust me. Or ask any other lawyer who has had to deal with them. BAD NEWS!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But that UM/UIM will protect you from this and hit-and-runs, at least in NC. It is a "must have". I hate, hate, hate insurance companies, but I would really recommend that my colleagues here find out about UM/UIM.

Different states different coverages. Some states only have UM and it encompasses both while other states split it out. Sorry but I have to say I feel the same way about plaintiff attorneys that you feel about insurance companies. One of the few nice things about Europe is the lack of frivolous lawsuits. I'm not saying all lawsuits are such but I had to deal with way too many idiots that thought they won the lottery because they had their fender scratched in a parking lot.

Michael

MS Farm Bureau, 620 per year for 3 M35s, liability and Uninsured Motorist. Insured as farm trucks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks