• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post-Auction-Win-EUC-Procedures

Unforgiven

First let me say that YES I tried & tried to use the Search feature to get an answer to this question. Having failed at that, I hope someone here can explain the procedure to me. And if you could, kind of dumb it down into easily understandable chunks. I get confused easily. Thanks.

After winning an auction for a truck or trailer the Government Liquidation account will show you as the highest bidder of a closed auction. What's next? I know they require EUC.

Is it emailed to you?

Do I download it from the forms on the GL website?

Do I email it back? Snail mail?

I wait until the EUC clears before paying, correct?

I've read that payment must be received within three days. But how is that possible if it takes 60+ days to get an EUC?

Sorry to sound like a GL noob but, well, I am.

Can somebody please walk me through a step-by-step of what to do after winning an auction that requires an EUC? I want to make sure I don't screw something up.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you win something today?

area52

You win the auction, they say pay NOW!! credit card is best for me at least, submit EUC form from GL website via email along with a CLEAR digital copy of your drivers license- make sure your phone# matches your address. Then you probably have to revise it at least once and then WAIT WAIT WAIT!!

ca1517

The phone number is not as big of a deal as is made to be. I use a cell phone number, and my last 2 euc submissions cleared in under 10 days. My first submission took around 100 days.

KsM715

On the GL website on your account where you get your invoice there will be a button that leads you to the EUC form. You fill it out online. If you run the mouse over each boc a little window will pop up telling you what needs to be put in the space. DO NOt put N/A in any of them, it must be spelled out, Not Applicable, or it will get kicked back for revisions. Once its all filled out you have to download and print out the form and sign it. Take that and your DL to Kinkos (or if you have a good scanner you can do it at home) Get the document scanned and you DL scanned then E-mail that back to GL and wait.

Unforgiven

Did you win something today?
I think so, but I'm not sure. All my account says is I was the highest bidder. But There are no invoices. I thought there would be a big, red flashing box or something telling me to pay. Does it take a while for the invoices to post to an account?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will get an e-mail tomorrow morning, stating you won and need to fill out an EUC. There will be a link.

You will be billed tomorrow.

If you have any doubts, it's very easy to go to GL and on the main page, lower left side, click on "bidders corner" and then select "live chat". They will help you with any questions. (So will we on SS)

Last edited:

AceHigh

Oh, I forgot a few steps. Tomorrow sometime your CC will be billed, but your CC company will of course reject it. You will panic and try to get it resolved for most of the rest of the day, but time will run out and GL will close before you get it straightened out.

Nonotagain

Oh, I forgot a few steps. Tomorrow sometime your CC will be billed, but your CC company will of course reject it. You will panic and try to get it resolved for most of the rest of the day, but time will run out and GL will close before you get it straightened out.
That only happens when you are going out of town the day after an auction when you don't have internet access.

Get on the Live chat line first thing Friday AM. Have the person on Chat verify that your paperwork was received, though the last one I submitted, GL actually sent me a confirmation Email. I guess there is a first time for everything.

Unforgiven

You will get an e-mail tomorrow morning, stating you won and need to fill out an EUC. There will be a link.

You will be billed tomorrow.

If you have any doubts, it's very easy to go to GL and on the main page, lower left side, click on "bidders corner" and then select "live chat". They will help you with any questions. (So will we on SS)
Thanks.

I want to build by crew cab on a slightly longer frame to accomodate a full 12' Deuce bed and still keep the tandem axles. So I'm trying to get ahold of a slightly longer truck. That way I can avoid cutting, welding, or bolting to make a longer frame.

Chief_919

I always email mine to both EUCINFO@govliquidation.com and INFO@govliquidation.com
The EUCINFO is the one you are supposed to send them to, but the folks at INFO will recieve it and then foward it to EUCINFO- and when they do they always send a confirmation email.

That way they cannot claim it was not recieved.

Second- I had them set my account to not bill my CC until I get on live chat and instruct them to. Then when I do I email myself the transcript of the chat as proof that they have the proper info.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There used to be a pretty detailed tutorial on the GL Website. I'd become painfully familiar with that site before I'd bid on anything!

Unforgiven

Thanks for the help.

I filled out the EUC, scanned it, and emailed it in as a .pdf attachment along with my Driver's License.

I do have one more question. Where do I pay? I used my PayPal account for the auction.

Will it automatically bill my PayPal sometime today?

Unforgiven

Paypal went through a little while ago. That went easier than I expected. Now I assume that I wait for the EUC to clear then make an appointment to pick up the truck.

I almost had the truck for $1200 but with LESS THAN TWO MINUTES LEFT some jerk placed a bid, extending the auction and raising the price. I was beyond angry. In fact, I was screaming profanities at the computer screen.

So we went tit-for-tat for almost 45 minutes after the close of the auction. It ended up costing me $2100 by the end. The jerk. :mad:

I wonder if it was actually another bidder or if it was GL bumping up the final price to my max bid after the close of the auction.

Anyway, apparently it's mine. So in a few months when the EUC clears I can start building my full-sized crew cab on an M36 frame using my M35 bed behind the cab. (The M36 bed is going to be part of a tandem-M105-axle RV pull-trailer, at least that's the tentative plan).

KsM715

I'm pretty sure it was another bidder and not GL. One of the deuces here at Ft Riley went for under $700. Once it hits over time and all the other lots close out then you have more guys wanting to get the last one.

Ive bid on stuff waiting to the last minute trying to convince myself I really need that thing and its only one more bid.

If this is your first EUC GL will also send you a request to sign an Export letter. Just a letter Stating you will not sell the truck outside of the use without the proper authority.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this is your first time with GL, they may need one more form sent in. They don't tell you about it, until the process starts.

I'll go see if I can find what it's called.

edit, I see Jeff has it posted above. Its an export letter!

fwiw, I sent in my stuff today and I also live chatted with GL. Seems they lost my stuff already! I resent it 3 times, now they have it. It pays to keep in touch with them on Live Chat. Of course, my "status" is showing incorrect still. I'll check in with them on Monday, also.

Last edited:

KsM715

Im gonne let out a little secret That Ive noticed in the last few EUC's I've sent in. I always had to go thru the process of filling out the EUC and taking it to kinko's to get scanned then sent in. It usually takes me till late friday afternoon or later to do this. I think that GL does not process EUC over the weekend. So if you send it in friday afternoon it will sit in someones E-mail inbox and just keeps getting more and more EUC piles on topf of it. By Monday they just take so many EUC's off the top of the email pile and work those meanwhile if youve sent yours in friday its still way down the list and eventually gets lost. Then you have to go thru the whole chat/call/email thing over again to make sure they get it. The last few I sent in I sent early monday morning following the sale and they seem to get sent off to BC much faster than when I submit them on friday or over the weekend.

YMMV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks