• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PPG pain: price on Concept

teletech

That is AwlGrip pricing. Where are you shopping? What PPG paint? I'm buying International 990 for less than $100 a gallon.
PPG "Concept" is an old but premium line of single-stage urethane. I like it a lot for places where the basecoat-clearcoat look isn't appropriate.
I called three different dealers. One did say I could get Omni for like 1/4 that cost, but then I'm spraying Omni. :-(
Thing is, I've got a lot of gallons of Concept, but not always everything I need to mix up the color I want, so if $250 of toner gets me a couple gallons of color, then it's still interesting.

87cr250r

There has been a global shortage of isocyanates which are a precursor for polyurethane. Maybe the price will come down in time. I have been having trouble getting polyurea greases, too.

There is a newer generation of polysiloxane paints that are 1 part and sunlight tolerant if you can't find your Concept paint. PPG sells it under PSX 700. Perhaps they are phasing out Concept for the PSX.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks