• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem connecting RT-524 to VIC-1

CommoChief

I am trying to connect an RT-524 to a VIC-1 system. The problem I am having is the jumper cable from the center jack on the RT mount
is a straight plug and the power connection (jack immediately to the right) takes a cable with an angle to the left. Therefore, the two plugs
will not work together as the power cable interferes with the jumper cable to the VIC-1. My question is...would it be easier to find a different
base/mount for the RT-524 with different jack set-ups or look for a straight power cable?

Thanks in advance....Bill

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Later Sincgars cables have a bend to them, and the older cables don't.
You probably have a sincgars cable.

Wile E. Coyote

Yes, but don't change the orientation too dramatically or you'll stress/ break the wires. The power cables are far more resilient to stress than the intercom interconnects. I've had a number of them that had broken wires due to their being torqued too far.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I was seeing them on ebay but just did a search and can't find it.

I have/had two sets but I still haven't unpacked from the move and we're probably weeks if not months from unpacking all the tool stuff. I will be at storage tomorrow and if I find it, will let you know.

They are a set of 6 or so semi-circular sockets all held together by a round bar/pin that is also used as the spanner handle. They have a kinda saw tooth edge on the bottom. Of note, they were a lot smaller than I expected, after all they fit inside the cable connector. I tried to find a photo on line but can't find any.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks