• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with NC title

DAP

I bought a M37 from someone who bought it from a local fire department. It came with a title. Upon reviewing the title the firedepartment used the Ordance number as the serial number. sigh.......... Anybody have any idea on how to get this fixed in NC?

DAP

When I went to DMV they drew a blank and said talk to officer XXXXXX who deals with titles. He gave me standard blah blah for having no title. Have to get it road worthy, three appraisels then get it bonded for two year so for !50% of highest appraisal then they make a data plate and assign new VI number and you have to pop rivet it on truck. This is to costly, takes to long, and changes the serial number from the original. I want to do something else and can no longer use Broadway Title. Any other suggestions?

ranger.41

DAP,
The procedure you stated from DMV is the exact same one that they made me go though.
It took 3 trips to DMV. The Inspecter here in my region worked with me and made the process of obtaining the Title relatively easy, after all it is DMV. It also had never been titled before. Maybe a different Inspecter might be more helpful.

DAP

I followed thru with comments on another SS thread that I can't find right now. People on that thread were actually helpful and suggested another "better" way using Dan Foukles. On April 20th I sent him the information and later paid him $100. I received a regular Michigan title with serial number that matched my truck. I went into NCDMV and paid my title transfer fee and they said a NCDMV inspector must come inspect the vehicle before NC releases the title. I set up an appointment with the NCDMV inspector and they came to the house. Once they verified the title VIN matched the stamp on the frame he filled out and filed state paperwork. I received the NC title in the mail today with a VIN that matched the truck. Once I finish redoing the truck and get it roadworthy I will make another appointment with the NCDMV inspector and they will do an inspection to insure it is roadworthy. I can then get issued a replacement title that says it is eligible for a license and registration. They have to do this because my 1951 M37 is old enough that a NC yearly inspection is not required. I guess they have to inspect it at least once in it's official life. I will post more info about Dan Foukles in another post. This “better” way was faster and much cheaper than what I was originally told I would have to do when working with the state of NC.

Last edited:

DAP

I got my M37 title

dan foukes
here are my rules:

VINTAGE VEHICLE TITLE SERVICE

IF YOU HAVE A VINTAGE VEHICLE THAT IS 1985 MODEL YEAR OLD OLDER. I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET YOU A CLEAR TITLE. THE VEHICLE WILL GO THRU A NATIONWIDE COMPUTERIZED TITLE SEARCH.

HERE ARE MY REQUIREMENTS:

1) A CLEAR DESCRIPTION OF THE VEHICLE . YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, FRAME VIN NUMBER.

2) DIGITAL PICTURES OF THE VEHICLE LEFT HAND SIDE VIEW AND THE VIN NUMBER ATTACHED TO AN EMAIL.

3) COMPLETE MAILING ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER ON THE EMAIL

ONCE THIS INFORMATION IS RECEIVED THE PROCESS STARTS.

IT TAKES ABOUT 30 TO 60 DAYS TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS FROM FIRST CONTACT TO TITLE IN YOUR HAND.

ONCE THE TITLE IS IN MY HANDS, THE MONEY IS TRANSFERRED THRU PAYPAL OR U.S. POST OFFICE MONEY ORDER.

THE COST FOR THIS SERVICE IS $100.00 USD.

THEN THE TITLE IS SIGNED OVER BY ME TO YOU AND MAILED TO YOU THRU U.S. POST OFFICE. YOU WILL ALSO GET A SIGNED BILL OF SALE.

I AM A CLASS C VEHICLE DEALER IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN.

MAILING ADDRESS = DETROIT VINTAGE CYCLES, 22901 WEST INDUSTRIAL DR #2102, ST CLAIR SHORES, MICHIGAN, 48080, PHONE = 586-777-6992, EMAIL ADDRESS = foukesd@yahoo.com.

HERE ARE SOME OTHER TITLE SERVICE COMPANIES FOR YOUR REVIEW:

www.getnewtitle.com, www.its-titles.com, wwwbroadwaytille.com

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW.

Last edited:

jwaller

get a new data plate and stamp you number thats on your title on the new data plate. problem solved. if you start down the road of trying to change your title you are going to open a huge can of worms with the state.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't appreciate Floridianson and Porkysplace snarky comments. I thought this was a forum where we help each other? It made me want to abandon using this forum but I realize they are a rude minority.
04-12-2011, 19:57
post #6 (permalink)

DAP
Sergeant Major
DAP's Profile Fields

I wonder why the rule change? I mean I could clutter up the board with another 70 posts about basically nothing. No it isn't worth it. I will post the tires for sale over on the G503 forum then.

You posted the above comment in the closed "how do I post to the classified "
thread and then turn around and make 65 worthless posts in 5 hours . Then a moderator reset your post count , now you come back 2 months later saying comments made by floridiason and myself are "snarky" and we are the rude minority . 2 months isn't enough time for people to forget the B.S. posts . You created your own problems and your own words and actions prove it.
Have a nice day

DAP

The VIN in the title now matches the VIN stamped into the frame instead of the bogus Ordance number.
See post #1 The data plates were missing when I was given the truck. What I now have all matches.
Eventually I will get a new data plate and get it stamped with the VIN that is on the title and frame.
Less than 3 months start to finish and $100 fee plus $40 title fee and $15 Highway use tax.
I would have to pay the $55 no matter what.
I'm a happy camper!!!!

DAP

I was trying to follow up with helpful posts based on my experience. I hope my experience can actually help someone else work thru their title issues.
If someone thinks my posts are worthless that is unfortunate. I never expect to bat 100%
My questions on another SS thread provided the help I was seeking. I guess I thought I was helping others in turn.

Last edited:

Tanner

Follow up on Titles through Dan Foukes - he evidently got the slap-down from the Michigan DMV... TITLE SERVICE - DETROIT VINTAGE CYCLES

[FONT=&quot]"Hello, [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]As of July 3, 2011,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am sorry to inform you that the Michigan Secretary of State will not process my titles any more. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are some of the reasons why:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wrong dealer license, must upgrade to Class B dealer license[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wrong processing forms, must use dealer forms not personal forms.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Must have Michigan State Police inspection[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dealers not able to buy or process bikes without a title.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any questions or problems let me know.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Always,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dan Foukes"[/FONT]

Not judging the man, - as I've never met or dealt with him - but this would make me skeptical of the legitimacy of any titles processed in this fashion...

'Tanner'

Last edited:

DAP

I agree but it my case the mistake was way back with some fire company that didn't know what they were doing and probably copied the worng numbers. Once the mistake is in the system it get perpetuated. Dan was very helpful to legally get my mistake straightened out. The state I am in was totaly unhelpful. Probably because issue likes this are so rare they haven't had training in how to sort it out. I have a proper title that matches the frame stamp on my truck. It was verified by the state police who also took a picture to put with the records. Once I get the truck road worthy (in about 15 years) then I can take this title and have it inspected by the state police (who is in only 1 morning per week to do this) and get a title that allows registration. I believe this is because once registered the vehcile is more then 25 years old and the state does not require it to be brougth in for inspection ever again. (police can still pull me over if they see something not working right but that is legit). If anything had been out of order Michigan or the state polic here would have flagged it. Again the title serial number now properly matches the frame stamp serial number. Dan was very helpful and got specifics before he agreed to sort this out. It is a shame now he isn't even allowed to do that.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree but it my case the mistake was way back with some fire company that didn't know what they were doing and probably copied the worng numbers. Once the mistake is in the system it get perpetuated. Dan was very helpful to legally get my mistake straightened out. The state I am in was totaly unhelpful. Probably because issue likes this are so rare they haven't had training in how to sort it out. I have a proper title that matches the frame stamp on my truck. It was verified by the state police who also took a picture to put with the records. Once I get the truck road worthy (in about 15 years) then I can take this title and have it inspected by the state police (who is in only 1 morning per week to do this) and get a title that allows registration. I believe this is because once registered the vehcile is more then 25 years old and the state does not require it to be brougth in for inspection ever again. (police can still pull me over if they see something not working right but that is legit). If anything had been out of order Michigan or the state polic here would have flagged it. Again the title serial number now properly matches the frame stamp serial number. Dan was very helpful and got specifics before he agreed to sort this out. It is a shame now he isn't even allowed to do that.
From what was posted in post # 14 it looks loke dan was creating titles in his own name , not through his business . This can still be done by any michigan resident . But michigan has raised dealer license fees and requirements drasticly , dan was skirting this . He most likely created to many personal titles and it put a red flag up . The state is broke and closing loophole they feel cost them money and are now requiring dealers to be bonded .

motorolanut

Follow up on Titles through Dan Foukes - he evidently got the slap-down from the Michigan DMV... TITLE SERVICE - DETROIT VINTAGE CYCLES

[FONT=&quot]"Hello, [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]As of July 3, 2011,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am sorry to inform you that the Michigan Secretary of State will not process my titles any more. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are some of the reasons why:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wrong dealer license, must upgrade to Class B dealer license[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wrong processing forms, must use dealer forms not personal forms.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Must have Michigan State Police inspection[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dealers not able to buy or process bikes without a title.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any questions or problems let me know.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Always,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dan Foukes"[/FONT]

Not judging the man, - as I've never met or dealt with him - but this would make me skeptical of the legitimacy of any titles processed in this fashion...

'Tanner'
Dan is good to go...The freaking state of Michigan just wants their commercial Blood TAX money that's all....For Shame

Tanner

Appreciate the update motorolanut... as I stated, I do not know Dan, so ican't speculate on the situation.

Good luck DAP -

'Tanner'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks