• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with quick disconnect fan clutch

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 2001 M1123 that I have been doing some work to. I disconnected the fan clutch yesterday and I can't get it to reconnect. Seems like it just needs to go 1/8" more to snap on. Any tips/tricks to get it back on? There's much less room to get my hands in to reconnect it than on a v belt engine.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was able to disconnect , replace and reconnect mine through the fan from underneath. It wasn't any fun though.

Wire Fox

Are you pulling back the quick disconnect while pressing the hose in? It's a bit of a dance with a lot of the QD fittings. My old air hose is about the worst offender out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks