• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper Type & Quality of Under Hood Hose Clamps

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard several guys talk about the proper hose clamps and constant tension clamps for under hood hoses. Several on my truck are clearly some auto parts junk and I'd like to replace with the correct style clamps when I install all new hoses. Appreciate any advice you guys may have.

Glider

These are supposed to create twice the clamp force of parts store type. I bought two orders of these but haven't tried one yet.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here is description of the two upper radiator hose clamps.
Product Details | HOSE CLAMP
4730-00-204-3491 A clamp in which the body (band or wire) completely encircles an item and distributes a relatively even amount of pressure throughout the entire 360 degrees (6.282 radians) of the periphery of the item to be compressed. Its compression quality is dependent upon an integral screw mechanism, (screw, bolt spring compression and the like mechanical fasteners), or it may be applied by a device not integral with the clamp itself. It is specifically designed to prevent leakage between a hose and its attaching connection(s) when the body of the clamp is round or circular. For square, rectangular, or irregularly shaped items, see CLAMP, HOSE, SPECIAL-SHAPED. Excludes CLAMP, ELECTRICAL; CLAMP, LOOP; CLAMP, FIRE HOSE, SHUTOFF; FERRULE (as modified); and HAND SCREW.

As You may read here these are made by many and they all must comply with original design. Even Navistar makes them so You have to shop online

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HMMWV is no different than any automotive application, any quality worm gear clamp will do the job no problem, unless for some reason you go to silicone hoses then you should use T-Bolt clamps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks