• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper vehicle loading for safety

waayfast

I was browsing the local Craigslist for any MV's (yeah, that's it, that's the ticket!) and ran across this add for a Toyota pickup.

Having been and still am a Toyota owner, I thought I'd click on it to see what was offered for 1000.00 bucks--hey maybe I could use it for MVrecon and parts procurement missions. Add said that he just moved in from out of state and this "baby" hauled everything he owned without complaint.

I ain't sayin' any more----here's the pic (hopefully) :shock:

Jim

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck would look much better with 53's on it!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Imagine making any form or evasive maneuver with a high-load like that.....

SWERVE LEFT - - -> roll onto right side;
SWERVE RIGHT - - -> roll onto left side;
BRAKE HARD - - -> break windshild with all the crappola that comes crashing forward.

GRAVITY: It's the LAW
Newton's Laws of Inertia apply in this case...
... and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of NEWTON's LAWS ! ! !

Goose2448

I will say I have seen many loads like that. I will also say that I have done a few stupid things, but when the boss says move it, you move it the best way you can.

TO have done this properly, I should have used an enclosed trailer, none of which were empty, or rented a Uhaul(we are doing that for the next load).
But I had a 20' flatbed springier trailer with straps. Loaded 10 skids(88 boxes) of Form liner for our tilt wall panels at our VHS job. Boxes are NOT supposed to be crushed, but because they were not packed properly for shipping from PA to FL, half of them showed up crushed(but not damaged inside). Anyway I strapped it at the shop, got 10 miles up I75 and a strap came loose because one of the boxes crushed over a bump. Stopped and fixed that, got off the highway, and tightened the crap out of the straps. Made the rest of the 50 mile trip trouble free doing a whopping 55 MPHs. Surprisingly none of it was damaged, just the boxes themselves. Gotta say, Everyone at work knows I just got my CDL Class A, and boy did I feel like dumb azz. Nothing was lost, so its all good.

And then there is the good strapping job on the second picture....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks