• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulled the trigger on a M820

khandoh

I was wanting that one, but decided against it at the last second. I wish the EUC for a first timer could be a little more traveler friendly... Good luck with her!

OTOH, if you decide you don't want her... ;)

Sirblissfull

Most of the A2 versions I have seen come out of GL no longer have the platform attached if they have the hydraulics attached at all. Those lift gates can run off of electrical or a rear facing PTO.

I have a set of hydraulics for my 820 to turn it into an 820A2 just have not been able to get it installed and a platform built for it.

Just about nothing has gone right this last year.

802dot1q

Bliss, your truck is an inspiration. I hope you are prepared for a ton of questions once I get her home!!!!

91W350

SirBlissfull, Have you run across a scale yet? The dash data plate says 27,000 or something along that line and the box data plate says 19,000 or something close. Those trucks actually weigh 46,000 pounds? No wonder their fuel burning reputation is alive and well! Glen

Sirblissfull

The book on mine with lift gate says 29495 with singles I estimate the weight to be a bit higher but I would not say more then 32500.

I can swing by a scale next time I am driving without a bunch of crap in it and check for sure.

It is currently in use as a storage shed/moving van.

I know the van body weighs 6k or so.

The box WAS in great shape. When I bought it from GoldnEagle with all the humidity in that 30 year old plywood it was fine. As soon as it hit New Mexico that same plywood started disintegrating. The same happened to a few rust spots, there is some patch work needed. The wood and insulation need to be replaced as well. I am going to go with a much higher value insulation then the old pink fiberglass and debating using a vinyl board for the interior lining.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks