• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulse Tech Solargizer Questions

WhoMe08721

Hey guys,
Was looking into buying a Pulse Tech Solargizer for my M35A2 & M998. But had a few questions
1) Are they worth the money?
2) Are the electronics waterproof for fording deep water?
3) What the difference in military vs civilian version?
4) What model is the best to get?
Finally I was looking at the IS-24-L any good???

military.JPG

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one from @Csm Davis for my 5 ton and I don't regret it. I mounted the "box" with velcro behind my passenger seat in the cab.

Resized_20220529_110417.jpeg

Rather than hard mount my panel to the roof, I left it loose so I can place it for maximum sun exposure

Resized_20220529_110005.jpeg

And to facilitate storing (I have a box I put it in when not in use to keep it from being in the way/damaged) I installed non-reversable connectors (so I can't mess up polarity).Resized_20220529_110408(1).jpeg

I love it because not only does it condition the battery, but it charges the battery pretty quickly and I can run my stereo all day and not worry about it.

As far as waterproofing, how deep are you going? If you mount the box high enough in the cab, you have no worries.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great product but get the military one. As I recall it pulses at around 36 volts and keeps sulfates from forming on the cell plates of the battery. Meant to keep the battery in a good state for months. My M998 sits outside and hardly ever use it in the winter to keep Massachusetts rock salt off her. Always fires right up and fording is not a problem. Two thumbs up from my end. I mounted mine in the normal place for M998 which is on the flat part of the hood just above the pass directional light. Just my two cents.

Mark

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The civy version is usually 12v and the military is 24v. The Is24L is the common sized one seen on most mv's. The one Kendelrio pictured is a different model with a larger panel. I believe the IS24L is water proof or resisant as the small box looks totally sealed and just has 2 wires coming out. If not a dab of silicone should take care of that.

Csm Davis

Hey guys,
Was looking into buying a Pulse Tech Solargizer for my M35A2 & M998. But had a few questions
1) Are they worth the money?
2) Are the electronics waterproof for fording deep water?
3) What the difference in military vs civilian version?
4) What model is the best to get?
Finally I was looking at the IS-24-L any good???

View attachment 870788
1 definitely worth it
2 the panels are very weather proof, not sure about the little boxes as they are meant to be mounted in or near the battery box, but they should be.
3 mainly color of the panels I believe that they make 12 and 24 volt versions of both
4 they are all good but the small panels are not going to keep the batteries topped off, the one I like the best is very expensive but does lots of extra things besides just keeping the batteries alive.

Best testimonial I have is I found a set of batteries in a 5 ton cab that had been sitting for 2-3 years after we cut the cab off the truck, had only the small panels on it but we pulled the batteries an they took a full charge!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks