• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pyrometer failure

davidb56

My EGT gauge took a dump. I have supply voltage, good ground, but the gauge is dead. it doesn't light up or turn on, so that eliminates the sender probe. I contacted the supplier, "The Sensor connection" about sending it to them for repair. Its about 6-9 months old. I'll update their reply when I get one. BTW I bought it from them because its made in the USA.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an issue with my "Westach" gauge that had similar symptoms and was dead. I sent it in, they sent it back "tested, adjusted". No word about a repair. Worked fine ever since. No repair charge but clearly fixed. Felt a little like Rolls Royce service ("Sir, you must be mistaken. Our vehicles do not break") :) I think it still pays off to buy made in North America. Good luck with your gauge!

davidb56

I had an issue with my "Westach" gauge that had similar symptoms and was dead. I sent it in, they sent it back "tested, adjusted". No word about a repair. Worked fine ever since. No repair charge but clearly fixed. Felt a little like Rolls Royce service ("Sir, you must be mistaken. Our vehicles do not break") :) I think it still pays off to buy made in North America. Good luck with your gauge!
They called me at 7 am this morning and said they would replace it free of charge under warranty.

Ajax MD

I posted this because way too many companies don't honor warranties, so when we find one that does, we should give everyone a heads up. Also when there is a bad experience with companies that sell stuff, and don't honor/back their advertised product, they should be called out too, as it has been done here before.
I agree.

I currently find myself in an uncomfortable position of having purchased some parts from a "reputable" shop and have not received all of them. Communications went from "outstanding" to "zero."

However, I believe it's important to be fair and give vendors an opportunity to make things right without reacting emotionally so I'm not going to post any names until a full month has passed and I've made other attempts to communicate with the vendor and resolve the issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks