• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

***Question about 2.5 knuckle removal***

altoids

So basically I just undo tie rod, steering arm. Remove plate, sleeve housing & sleeve. Now does it just lift off or is it keyed some way in order to remove? Thanks in advance for any help.

altoids

I'm assuming manuals are under "resources" tab? If so, I'm unable to get them to come up at this time. So any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm assuming manuals are under "resources" tab? If so, I'm unable to get them to come up at this time. So any help would be much appreciated.
The manuals usually are, it is getting updated slowly. JATONKA'S site has them. The SS link above also gives a good explanation, but there's no replacement for the manuals.

hoop

You MUST remove the spindle before you can lift and remove the housing.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont remove the tie rod. You can but it will come off leaving it on both sides. I have a five gal. bucket I rest one side on after I take it off then remove the outher. I have no problem cleaning them out when left together eather. Some I have done feel like they don't want to come off but they will just grap it lift and aline. Work that sucker till it pulls off.

You don't have to remove the brake shoes form backing plate or disconnect the rubber line. Just have some tie wier and tie it backing plate /shoes to the frame while you work. Read the post's inbetween the lines on banshees post cause he forgot to grease the inside of spindle and had to remove it and do it again.

Last edited:

altoids

Thanks guys. The stepxstep link helped a lot & is exactly what I needed. The other link for the downloads must be down right now, can't get it to pull up?? I'll try it again later. I hope the TM tab in resources drop box is up & running soon. Thanks a lot everybody.

altoids

How much play is deemed ok in vertical movement on the king pins? Axle is on jackstands & I can move knuckle up & down atleast 1/32" possibly 1/16"??? Is that tolerable?

altoids

So put a thicker shim in it to take as much play out & all is good. I made a custom bottom plate out of 3/8" plate steel for my caliper mount.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks