• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about titles etc?

TehTDK

First of all I am not sure whether this is the right group for this question or not, but I will give it a whirl.

1:
Is there a list off how many posts etc one needs to achieve to get more stars or a higher rank on this site?. I have tried looking for it but not with much luck as it is.

2:
And what does all this "xx is on a distinguished path", "xx will be famous soon enough" bit mean, and how does that work?

Thanks in advance....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you become a premium member ($15 US) you get the 4 stars under your name. You also have the ablility to change your rank and have it say anything within reason.

Non-premium members have thier rank increased with the number of posts they have.

I think these are the numbers:

26 Corporal
51 Sergeant
101 Sergeant Major
201 Colonel
401 General
601 2 Star
801 3 Star
1001 4 Star

Now the Green reputation blocks are posted when other users click on the "badge" looking Add to Users Reputation icon below a post. The more people that give good reputation points the higher your reputation goes.

What the Reputaion Points say when you roll your curser on the green blocks is built into the vBullitin software. No idea what the settings are. Here is a link that explains part of it.

http://www.vbforums.com/faq.php?faq=faq_item_reputation_group

Does that help?

Last edited:

TehTDK

Yea it helps some of the way :). I was hoping someone actually knew the numbers it happened at :p

But below the rank there are some "squares" and I am wondering what those are for as well, ie the "Username is on a distinguished road" etc

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Added info about the green squares.

The numbers for rank increase are preatty close if not dead on. I'll have to lookup the actual numbers.

TehTDK

Warthog,

Nah thats fine. I was just curious as to when it happened, so a rough figure works fine for me :). So thanks for that.

And Porky, I just looked at the FAQ and searched for title and rank and it provide any real answer. Only explained how to give reputation and thats it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the reputation meanings. Found them on the vbforums.com website

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread....ing-posts&highlight=reputation+points+meaning

<-50 = [User] is infamous around these parts
-050 = [User] can only hope to improve
-010 = [User] has a little shameless behaviour in the past
0000 = [User] is an unknown quantity at this point
0010 = [User] is on a distinguished road
0050 = [User] will become famous soon enough
0100 = [User] has a spectacular aura about
0200 = [User] is a jewel in the rough
0400 = [User] is a glorious beacon of light
0700 = [User] is a splendid one to behold
1000 = [User] is a name known to all
1500 = [User] has much to be proud of
2000 = [User] has a brilliant future
3000 = [User] has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited:

TehTDK

Using the search feature it turned up this ; ss rank post #2 of that that has a link to your answer.
It actually doesn't have the answer I was looking for ;). I was looking for the Numbers which that thread mentions nothing about. But Warthog already provided the answer so I consider my question done and dealt with :). Thanks Warthog.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks