• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about registration/insurance and 5 ton retrieval in SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfreeman

Hi guys! OK, I'm sure this has been asked, but I am in kindof a hurry here. This is for you guys in SC that own 5 tons in SC. I (actually, my brother) is looking at a 5 ton auction that is ending tomorrow in Eastover - a last minute thing on his part. The auction video shows it running/driving. Tires are up. I live about 60 miles from there. First off: CDL. Can you get by (driving home) without one? I have a coworker with a cdl that could drive it if need be. Second: Can you drive them off base? Third: How hard is it to register them in SC as NON-FARM-OR-COMMERCIAL-USE and how much do taxes run? Forth: How high is insurance for said use and who do you recommend? I have Liberty Mutual for my autos, JC Taylor for my M38a1, and Geico for my RV presently. Lastly: Is there anyone in the area that has looked at this vehicle (the only one up for auction this week), or can go look at it for me? Thanks for the info, Matt

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better check the auction site, if it is Govt. Liquidation, the truck might have "disappeared".

M925

In the glorious Commonwealth of Virginia, a CDL is not needed if you are using the truck for personal use. Yes you can drive them off post, but you still need registration. In the glorious Commonwealth of Virginia, you can purchase a $5 trip permit for a vehicle. My insurance went up $20/month, I use geico one insurance rep wouldn't let me personally insure it, so I called back and got another agent to insure it. The glorious Commonwealth of Virginia, registers vehicles by gross vehicle weight, so it cost me $500/year but I also can legally haul 5 tons. I haven't paid taxes on mine yet, but there is no kelly blue book....lol and check into getting roadside assistance....I actually have it on mine.....

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like your in luck, the truck is still listed, nice looking truck, clean engine. Buy it and drive it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks