• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about uparmored windshield frame compatibility

Westo

I bought an M1114 recently and am now waiting for EUC. I've been looking at my windowless and mirrorless frame, and trying to figure out if things will fit. The mirrors mounted to the armor so I know those won't fit, is the solution just to drill new holes in the frame? Or are there aftermarket brackets that anyone knows of to fit them? For the windshields, it looks like regular ones might fit in, but I'm not sure. Also not sure about the situation with windshield retainers. If anyone has experience with this or ideas please let me know. Picture of the frame from the planet attached.
1679861583880.png

Last edited:

Westo

Congrats!
I asked the same thing about the windshields here and there is some useful information. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/just-won-a-m1152a1-and-have-questions.213365/

As for the mirrors, on mine have rivnuts where I think the mirrors go... and I ordered new NOS ones but have't installed them. but I think the will fit
It looks like the later model uparmored ECVs still had holes for mirrors and retainers. Comparing the bolt patterns, the M1114 definitely has none of the holes for that stuff, so I guess I'll be doing a lot of drilling.

Westo

This is the only diagram of the windshield assembly in the M1114 parts TM, but it seems to show a normal looking frame with all the mounting holes in it. I also found this one, which is a retainer design I've never seen before but still seems to use the same holes I'm missing.
1679866952994.png 1679867591051.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Westo

I'm basically using the forum as a journal now, but I think I figured it out. the second diagram is correct, but the holes used in the retainer were actually on some piece of armor that has since been removed. That still leaves me without a proper way to mount stuff, so any suggestions there would be appreciated.

Coonass77

I'm basically using the forum as a journal now, but I think I figured it out. the second diagram is correct, but the holes used in the retainer were actually on some piece of armor that has since been removed. That still leaves me without a proper way to mount stuff, so any suggestions there would be appreciated.
The normal hockey stick, center and lower windshield retainers work fine. You just need to drill holes and install rivnuts, using the retainers as templates. Normal mirror brackets also work fine, I just had to drill and rivnut those too.

spankybear

I have a set of thin retainers (hockey sticks) and the ECV retainers. I can use the ECV retainers as a templet to drill up the other set... if you are interested. The ECV set is about 100 bucks and the normal ones about 35 a set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks