• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ragtop to Convertable in 6.8 Seconds...

RangerDave

Yup. It finally happened... I'm driving down the road and then RRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIP!!!!! I guess it didn't like driving at 50mph after a cold winter!!!

I just so happened to have a spare piece of soft corrugated plastic laying around and zip tied the snot out of it to get it to stay so the cops don't have an extra reason to pull me over for an "unsafe" vehicle....

I guess I need to get a new roof sooner rather than later..... LOL!!!!rofl

Attachments

patch

<I guess I need to get a new roof sooner rather than later..... >
Naw, just a roll of duct tape and you'll be good to go.....and maybe a roll for the driver's seat too!

Barrman

I have had the "instant drag chute" deploy on me as well. I glued/sewed mine back together.

Why can't you legally drive the truck with no top?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck with your new top. I had a similar experiece, although I didn't lose my top, it merely came apart at the front seams and opened up. I have learned the cause of this is leaning your hood all the way back without using the support latch. It weakens the thread there, and with enough wind/the right circumstances, you get what you got.....

RangerDave

<I guess I need to get a new roof sooner rather than later..... >
Naw, just a roll of duct tape and you'll be good to go.....and maybe a roll for the driver's seat too!

Yeah, the seat hasn't fared well either... I've got the old canvas and I'll try and see if I can get one of the sail boat canvas cobblers to stitch me up a new seat and top! If not I'm pretty handy with a grommet tool. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks