• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Raised cargo cover?

Third From Texas

I just place collars under each of the six legs. You can easily add 3" of headroom. Much more and the cover won't have enough overlap on the bed's side panels, etc. Also any longer and you'd need to make an actual extension for the legs else you won't have enough footing to hold the frame in the receivers (but you will eventually find a gap between the cover and sides as you raise the frame).

The collars work just fine if raising it a couple inches will help, though. I'd suggest a spot tack to retain the collars to the frame base. I lost one once due to the bed bouncing around while off road. Cheap and easy mod and it can be removed easily.

20190406_124448.jpg

ramdough

I just place collars under each of the six legs. You can easily add 3" of headroom. Much more and the cover won't have enough overlap on the bed's side panels, etc. Also any longer and you'd need to make an actual extension for the legs else you won't have enough footing to hold the frame in the receivers (but you will eventually find a gap between the cover and sides as you raise the frame).

The collars work just fine if raising it a couple inches will help, though. I'd suggest a spot tack to retain the collars to the frame base. I lost one once due to the bed bouncing around while off road. Cheap and easy mod and it can be removed easily.

View attachment 789140
How much headroom does that leave you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks