• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear main seal leak fix?

tm america

So we get a m1009 in the shop to do a flywheel.. i swap the flywheel ..It had no leaks when it came in.. My boss raod tests it when he notices it isn't shifting right so he pulls the air cleaner and checks the vacum tps where he notices it wasn't hooked up so he hooks it up and road tests it again...When he gets back to the shop it is dumping oil like crazy out the rear main... ?After looking at it for a minute i tell him to put the air cleaner back on and try it again...?He calls me crazy and **** near starts ripping the oil pan to replace the rear main.. I tell him just try it ..SO he does.....Oh wow no more oil leak.. Funny to think how no air filter can make it leak like that.. but the way the 6.2 crankcase vent system is made it must have the air cleaner in place to be able to vent the crankcase.. SO if you are having a rear main leak make sure your air cleaner is on and the lid is tight with no leaks before you condem the rear main..Just thought i would share my experience to save some drama with mystery leaks

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking George was gone after he sold his Deuce to Gary.

Good tip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks