• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Output shaft and Pinion seal 84 M1009 ?s

alburms311

Ok, so after searching the site and the TMS, I believe I need TIMKEN Part # 5208(seal with replacement brushing, found on this site) to fix the leak in picture one. In picture two, I’m thinking I need a rear differential pinion seal according to TM9-2320-289 134P, PN 458859, Seal, Plain Encased, but I’m having a hard time finding that part, maybe GM 26033578? Pardon my ignorance with all this, but if someone could confirm or give me the correct part numbers that would be very much appreciated. Any other suggestions for PM while I’m under there? I’ll be taking it to a friend’s house after the first of the year that has a lift, puller, and more experience than I do and am trying to buy up the stuff we will need.
font (Medium).jpgrear (Medium).jpg

M1009_SPAIN

This post has been super useful for me to find the replacement for my np208 seal for my m1009, however I bought a timkem 8622 in rockauto for the differential pinion seal 458859 and I am not able to put it in, the replacement is 2mm wider than the hole , and since it has a square piegle, it does not slide into the differential gap, so I recommend buying either the original part, or the SKF, which is much more similar to the GM part.

buy tinkem
because for the np208 seal it went in and was installed perfectly and effortlessly, but for the rear differential it is being impossible, $14 plus another $10 for shipping to my country in the trash, I love cucvs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks