• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Seat Support/Base Alternative

cg25713

Hello All:

I'm in the process of converting my M1152 from a 2 man to 4 man configuration and need some help. I've been unable to find a replacement or alternative for the rear seat lower support bases. Can anyone suggest either a custom or commercially available solution?

I've measured it would have to be at least 6" high. I was thinking of using square/rectangle steel beams with a plate accross the top to bolt the seat to. Any asssance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

papakb

Those seat bases show up regularly on Ebay. Why waste your time looking for alternatives when the originals are out there?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are re-pros of the M1151 rear seat bases...Base is aluminum, wedge is steel...un-painted....$ 500 for a set of 2 plus shipping....Should be ready end of week at fab shop.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OEM seat bases are not regularly available, the price for the correct wedge from the distributor is rediculous.
once the m1152’s started coming out, I asked Greg to get them repopped from one of his fabricators.
they are as good if not better than OEM.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have new oem original wedges still in the plastic. There the 1.5 " taller ones for the front. Ive installed them in the rear and makes the rear seating noticeably more comfortable

cg25713

Great. Thank you very much. Mine from 86humv are on the way. Are you going to prime and paint them before installation? Also, I think I will need to re-thread the floor holes where they bolt in. Thoughts.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scuff them up with scotch brite, clean, and self etch prime, and then topcoat.
I would fit check before paint.
Run a tap through the holes to clean them up, or run a bolt in with anti seize on threads.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The self etching primer mentioned above is SUPER important, otherwise paint will peel off. Available in rattle cans at your hardware store.

cg25713

Just got my seat bases from 86humv and they look great. NDT - did you paint the base and the wedge? I have my scotch brite and self etching primer ready but they look so good as is. I may just paint the wedges to start - what do you guys think?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got my seat bases from 86humv and they look great. NDT - did you paint the base and the wedge? I have my scotch brite and self etching primer ready but they look so good as is. I may just paint the wedges to start - what do you guys think?
Not yet, bought the primer today though. Oh yes I will paint everything CARC tan soon. Bare aluminum not appropriate for an ARRRmy truck in my opinion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks