• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Tail Lights

roverchef

I searched with no luck. What am I missing? I cant' find the splice where the brake light and the turn signal wire join. Trying to separate them form each other. Thanks for any help

Third From Texas

If I'm not mistaken, these trucks don't have a separate run/turn/brake circuit. I think they are limited to "on" (running/park) and "intermittent" (flasher/brake). I don't think that there is a third independent signal wired (brake and flash share the same).

So like most all vehicles run/turn/brake is handled by two circuits. Ronmar would know where you might need to tap it.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
try over at the 12v (or 24v nato) trailer plugs?
Earlier today i noticed on a fmtv trailer the first time i noticed it ever being labled 1 was 12v the other 24v so i ASSUME they wanted civilian vehicles to also tie to military trailers and in my collection of bulb type military tail lights they always have 24v bulbs in them originally so does the 12 v make the bulb burn brighter than 24v or 24v brighter than 12v ? I remember the first 4 1102s i got i swaped to 1157 in the tail light with a regular vehicle pulling them but they didnt seem very brite !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I searched with no luck. What am I missing? I cant' find the splice where the brake light and the turn signal wire join. Trying to separate them form each other. Thanks for any help
Woudnt it be the same wire its just what source send the signal like solid signal from brake light switch versus turn signal coming from your flasher relay ? Except for there would be a left and right single brake/turn wire ! maybe or sit down and figure out that part with your volt meter on the tail ilght plug in boots

B-Dog

They are not different, as said above. The left turn signal turns on the left light, the right turn signal turns on the right light and the brake pedal turns on both.
Unfortunately, that circuit is spread out over many pages of the schematic set.
CB74 12v ignition for the turn signals
CB76 12v constant is for the brakes
Hazard switch - sheet 14
TB1 41-44 are terminals for the Right signal - Sheet 16
TB1 45-48 are terminals for the Left signal - Sheet 16
TB1 27-32 are the stop lights (both L&R) - Sheet 16
K6, K9, K10 and K27 are all in the brake/signal circuit

Work is slow this week, I'll try to find time to draw it up. I've been meaning to for a long time anyway.

You can get a tail light converter box on Amazon for $20

Ronmar

They separate in the turn signal switch on the steering column and you will have to separate connections inside that harness if you want to break-out a discreet left and right turn signal line.

Basically the turn signal switch has 3 inputs. Brake(from brake hazard relay), constant pulse from the flasher, and switched pulse from the hazard switch..

with the switch in neutral, the brake signal can pass straight thru to the brake lights. When you switch left the brake circuit to the left rear lights switch from brake to flash. Same when you switch back to right for the right rear lights.

In order to get separate rear turn signal circuits you could cut the 3 leads indicated by the short red lines at the turn signal connector, splice the brake input to the two rear brake leads(460,461) and install 2 new lines from the terminals circled in red back to the new separate turn signal lights. I think this drawing is actually wrong as the way this shown wired, you will not get rear hazard flash…

at any rate this is the only place you can break-out a individual left and right flash…

EE476C6D-C41C-489A-9F13-AD53B48BF563.jpeg

roverchef

Ronmar...That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. I was thinking it was gonna be in the switch itself but I wanted to make sure before I tore into it. I was gonna solder in a diode on each side in the back if I couldn't find the source.

coachgeo...I tried the 12/24v plugs.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks