• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear window problem

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1984 CUCV has a problem and won't crank all the way. I've looked and the window mechanism had some teeth missing. I thought no problem I have a brand new one. Well after checking it the part that actually connects to the crank is different that the one in it now. I've attach a photo of what it looks like. I've bought one from LMC and it does not attach to the hand crank like the old one.
Any idea where I can buy the correct hand crank?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

My 1984 CUCV has a problem and won't crank all the way. I've looked and the window mechanism had some teeth missing. I thought no problem I have a brand new one. Well after checking it the part that actually connects to the crank is different that the one in it now. I've attach a photo of what it looks like. I've bought one from LMC and it does not attach to the hand crank like the old one.
Any idea where I can buy the correct hand crank?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Show the hand crank and what is different. The picture you show is the same as the stock regulator. The clutch fits into the wings and cranks the window regulator up and down. I would try and help but don't know what you are referring to as being different. Different how?

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Show the hand crank and what is different. The picture you show is the same as the stock regulator. The clutch fits into the wings and cranks the window regulator up and down. I would try and help but don't know what you are referring to as being different. Different how?
OK so you're saying the part in red is standard? That is to big to fit in the crank I bought from LMC. Can't show a picture buy it's about the size of a small roll pin?

Attachments

cucvrus

1625080378270.png Yes this is the clutch assembly that goes on the driver/crank assembly. Top of picture is the clutch then the pawl, the E clip and the spring. The driver and window crank will be part of this also along with a lock cylinder. These can be assembled easily and operate the regulator driver you have pictured. The regulator drive ears fit in the clutch face. Good Luck.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I'll have to see if I can order it from Chevy as LMC's is different. Thanks
Part is obsolete from GM

Parts wanted forum or eBay will be your best bet.
Member CUCVRUS might have one.
If your lucky a junkyard might have one.
No clue if any other aftermarket brands will work.

cucvrus

Maybe this will help. I have 2 M1009 Blazers to complete before I retire and am not looking to sell any gate parts at the moment. I have Genuine GM parts for the 2 M1009's and want to use Genuine parts on my final 2 assemblies. I still have 1 brand new Genuine Black crank assembly in the box for my current build. The last build I will have to piece together a fully functional handle. I bought the last 2 clutch assemblies a few years back by doing an obsolete parts search thru a GM dealer. 1 came a dealer in Iowa and the other one from Wyoming. I have them stashed. If you have the crank and cylinder I may have a used clutch assembly. The after market ones tend to be a bit thin at the lock pawl driver area. And many people fail to use good old wheel bearing grease in the driver assembly. That white metal wears quickly grinding metal on metal. Same as the guides, sash to side seals and the regulator. Real motor oil and grease and the assembly will last for years. I am about to overhaul and replace a rear glass on an M1009. I will get pictures and post on my CUCVRUS Project thread if you have any interest. Good Luck.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 838327 Yes this is the clutch assembly that goes on the driver/crank assembly. Top of picture is the clutch then the pawl, the E clip and the spring. The driver and window crank will be part of this also along with a lock cylinder. These can be assembled easily and operate the regulator driver you have pictured. The regulator drive ears fit in the clutch face. Good Luck.
Do you have a crank with that attached I could purchase from you?

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I have a brand new crank but the part that meshes with the red circle from above is not like your picture. mine is smaller it's a roll pin size.

cucvrus

Yes I have a brand new crank but the part that meshes with the red circle from above is not like your picture. mine is smaller it's a roll pin size.
May I please see a picture so I can have a better understanding of what we are working with? I am willing to help but am blind to the issue you are encountering.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 838327 Yes this is the clutch assembly that goes on the driver/crank assembly. Top of picture is the clutch then the pawl, the E clip and the spring. The driver and window crank will be part of this also along with a lock cylinder. These can be assembled easily and operate the regulator driver you have pictured. The regulator drive ears fit in the clutch face. Good Luck.
Hi Do you have this style clutch assembly that you'd like to sell?

cucvrus

Amazon.com: YOT 9702916-K - Tailgate window Clutch Kit fits 1979-1991 Blazer Suburban Jimmy: Automotive

Get this set here. It is new and the same thing I would have. I am currently winding down production and have 2 M1009 I must complete. I don't want to sell any parts like this till they are on the boat heading to the European continent 100% operational as designed. I could look if the Amazon option fails but they are showing 5 sets in stock. I could hardly spend the time looking for $35. Keep in touch. I am here to help and just being honest and up front.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part I bought from LMC does not work with the new one I want to put in. I can keep looking just wondered if you had one you'd like to sell?

cucvrus

The part I bought from LMC does not work with the new one I want to put in. I can keep looking just wondered if you had one you'd like to sell?
Please show what part or parts you bought that do not work. I am anxious to see these parts. How can I be sure the parts I have will fit the parts you have? I don't want to go into this blindly. If my parts won't work and LMC parts won't work we do definitely have an issue. Maybe a home made window winder is needed. I made them before also. Unbreakable. Please post some pictures and we can proceed from there. I still steer you towards the Amazon deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks