• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear wire harness/stuck in 6 wheel drive

5tonman1971

Ok so I'm having a few problems with my tail lights, first one is, I had a nice set of grote led tail lights and I flipped everything to black out to make sure everything was working and all of a sudden the driver side rear tail light started rolling white smoke. This was not what I wanted to see. So I switched back to the normal tail lights and they work fine. I didn't try the black out again. But now my driver side rear blinker Dosent work but everything else functions normally.

Over the years the harness has been molested pretty good so instead of fighting cracked/dry rotted wires I'd just like to replace the whole rear wiring harness. I've seen on Erik's military that they have the m35 wire harness but nothing for the m809.

Does ers anyone know where I could get one?

and on another topic so I don't make another post.

Riddle me this, my truck is stuck in 6 wheel drive I think just in forward gears it seems to release and function properly in reverse. I have taken the double poppet valve apart and cleaned and it is function normal. I have take the sprag actuator apart and the seals and coppers are perfect and I can push the sprag rod freely by hand. When everything is hooked back up I can shift and you can hear and feel the sprag moving forwards and back wards.

It it seems to be fine from first to 4th gear but I have to hold my foot too the floor for it to wind out 4th gear and when I shift to fifth it just Boggs right down and holds at 45 mph and won't go any faster.

now when I'm running it with out the front drive shaft the truck huals the mail all the way to 75 mph with my 16.00s.

when I make a turn going forward the whole front end seems to bind up and pop and skip as if I had a locker in my front axle. If you've ever driven anything with a locker in the front and tried turning on pavement you know what I'm talkin about. This issue has everyone I know extremely confused, as am I.

cx65083

IF it is still stuck in forward 6x6 you will get that binding/skip even with open diff's while on hard surfaces. My 4x4 does that too. It has to do with the difference in distance traveled by the front and rear tires. While a diff with allow tires on either side to rotate at different speeds, a transfer case does not allow the front and rear tires to travel at different speeds. Hence the feeling of binding/skipping.
While this doesn't help with the struck 6x6, I hope it helps explain why the front end feels like its locked.

cx65083

Oh. Good point Jeepsinker. If there is more than a 5-6% difference in tire size between the front and rear that could explain why it doesn't want to drop out of 6x6.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Your sprag is stuck in gear, either forward or reverse, I would NOT run a front d/s TILL you get things cleared up, you WILL get the front axle hot along with the transfer case, also who would in there right mind take one of these trucks to 75 mph with tires rated at 55 along with a single circuit brake system.

5tonman1971

Your sprag is stuck in gear, either forward or reverse, I would NOT run a front d/s TILL you get things cleared up, you WILL get the front axle hot along with the transfer case, also who would in there right mind take one of these trucks to 75 mph with tires rated at 55 along with a single circuit brake system.
The tires are rated at 55 mph at full load capacity. These tires are rated to hold enough weight that one tire could hold the weight of my truck fully loaded. So driving it at 75 mph empty is nothing to worry about at all. If you have ever driven a truck with these tires, then you would know just how smooth and safe it is to run that fast. You don't even realize that you are moving that fast whdn your in the truck. Radial tires are a dream compared to the bias ply ndts. I would never run an ndt that fast though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks