• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rebuild cost? NHC 250

brownstone

I recently had engine overheating issues, misfiring and loss of power. I was informed I had pitting on the liners, and have coolant in the oil. The place I brought it to (I only have a driveway to work on) wants $2000 to look at it and up to $15K to replace the liners on frame. Is this a normal/average price? I live in Appleton WI so towing it out of state would be pricey at best. Just looking for guidance. Thanks!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I would look for a take out or a Gov. rebuilt. But I have new liners and pistons it you go that way.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Inframe kit is around $1200 with shipping.
Reman heads are around $500 ea if you wanted to even replace em. So their price is retarded for the whole job.

You could do a big cam swap and with a decent take out motor be under 9k with install work if a shop was doing it.

Crf450x

That shop is a joke. An in frame is a pretty easy job that can be done in a driveway. Not nearly as scary as it may sound.

And if you decide to replace the whole engine, it’s just a small cam cummins. Not some sort of fancy “military” magic.

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks