• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery vehicles

Stan Leschert

I came across this, man, I gotta get one of each. Unfortunately my Gov't has not finished beating them up. It seems that USA uses them too. Way too cool. The link is to a web page. Video takes a while to download, but it is well worth it!
Tru-Hitch Professional Towing at its Best

Dear Santa. Christmas is still a while off. One of each please, including that bust up Grizzly!

Last edited:

mudguppy

the only units that i've seen that have those are QM and reserve trans units with lots of 915s. petty much everyone else (HET units, PLS units, etc) all have M984s organic to the unit.

we got to play w/ one in recovery school - pretty neat. the winch, though, is very light duty and is only there to help drag the unit under the truck being towed. like shown in the pics, a truck winch (916/920) is needed for vehicle recovery (de-mire-fication). what's also nice about the unit is that it folds completely down and back over the 5th wheel for easy transport - this is how 915 units use it; w/out the trailer.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we have some of those for Stryker recovery. The HEMTT wreckers can only do so much with a Stryker, and then only if the Stryker can still roll. When the Stryker cannot roll we had nothing else in the BDE to recover them. I know we had them in theater and a significant number of knocked out Strykers were recovered no problem. I think we now have them at home station, I've seen at least some of the trailers sitting around the support BN motorpool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks