• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

registering deuce and a half in PA

Countryconnor4

hello, i am new to the deuce community and i just bought a 1970 m35a2 this past Saturday. i live in PA and at the John Yurconic Agency where i would register it, are telling me i can not register the deuce as a classic or antique because it weighs over 10,000 lbs. it would be almost 500 a year to register it. any help as to how i can register it cheaper?

thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you plan to use it?

Have you looked into insurance?

Do you have a cdl, and is it needed in PA, the way you intend to use it?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Countryconnor4

I do not need a CDL, i have it insured and registered. When i went to register it, i was told at the agency I could not register the truck as a antique because it was over 10,000 pounds. I contacted the state and they reassured me that i could register it as an antique. I am sending in a refund form and getting my antique plate in place of the plate i have now. Thanks for the concern.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks