• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing the packet envelopes

OK, so last night I decide it's time to dig the MEP-016a out and give it the lookover I've been postponing since I got it home. Some Yeahoo stuck 2 or 3 of the "packet envelopes" the ones for shipping invoices right on the operationg dataplate.....

What's the best way to remove the really stuck on plastic & adhesive without damaging the dataplate?

Dodge man

Warm the surface with a hair dryer or something similar. Then give it a good coat of Goo-Gone. Then cover with aluminium foil to keep it from evaporating too quickly. That's about the best way that I've found to get off old adhesive. Use only wood or plastic scrapers, anything else will scratch. I haven't tried this on a data plate but I don't think it will hurt them but try it on an old one first.

Will do guys. I'll dig out the heatgun and pick up some goo gone.... I don;t thing the goo gone will get thru the plastic still on there but hopefully the combo will do the trick... 2/3 to 3/4 of the top of the on the gen side of the MEP-016 is covered in the **** things.

Alrighty........ heat gun, plastic drywall knife and goo gone..... (need more goo gone as the bottle I had had almost none in it. it's still a little sticky but it got it off without damage to the data plate!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks