• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

repairing 800 series transfer case

jason@snakeriver

With my limited experience, I assume that the most common problem with an 800 series transfer case is the in ability to get into high gear.
I am told that there is a fork and a syncro that go bad.
BOYCE says that they want $2500.00 exchange for a rebuilt transfer.
Is there a less expensive way to go though the transfer case and a place to obtain the proper parts ? ? ?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jason, what symptoms does your case have? Grinding? Stuck in low or high range? I rebuilt my t-case sprag on my 818 and got the parts from Memphis Equipment. I have recently purchased a bunch of parts from Clark Truck and they advertise price matching with anyone so you might give them a shout. It's not a real complex job to crack one open and work on it, but everything is really heavy and you need a decent selection of tools with access to a press.

jasonjc

A M818 I have would not go into high or low. The shift frok is held on the rail by a large set screw that should have safty wire on it. Mine was almost all the way out. Titened it back up and it shifts fine. You can check it in the truck thought a cover on the side.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A M818 I have would not go into high or low. The shift frok is held on the rail by a large set screw that should have safty wire on it. Mine was almost all the way out. Titened it back up and it shifts fine. You can check it in the truck thought a cover on the side.
Good tip for a free fix!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks