• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Engine LDT 465 Multi Fuel

ralph3162

I got a NOS replacement engine for my M35A2. Cleburne-20140222-00306.jpgCleburne-20140222-00307.jpgCleburne-20140222-00305.jpgCleburne-20140222-00304.jpgCleburne-20140222-00308.jpgCleburne-20140222-00310.jpgCleburne-20140222-00309.jpgI am new to this hobby. I think I got a good deal ($2500.00 + Shipping). I am curious does anyone know what this is worth. It comes in the original military container. It has been resealed and re-pressurized. It was built 5-13-1992. My motor is fine it only has 30,000 miles on it. I thought it would be nice to have a new motor for a rainy day.

ralph3162

No sorry I bought it from a private individual who was getting out of Deuces. He is active duty military so he had access to this one before it was de-militarized. He has had it several years but its the only one he had.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking engine!

He is active duty military so he had access to this one before it was de-militarized.
But this statement kind of makes it sound like your buddy stole it.:confused: Contrary to popular belief, active duty soldiers don't just "have access" to stuff. It's either issued as a recoverable or non-recoverable piece of personal gear or it's likely stolen. Everything else must be acquired through DLA disposition services via GL the same as joe public. Though it's common, even dumpster diving is prohibited. Engines are recoverable items and are not thrown out.

ralph3162

Its from Red something in AL. He had all the paperwork matching numbers, freight bills the works. He had it shipped to Florida where he was stationed. So it was legit not stolen. But perhaps there is as Paul Harvey would say the rest of the story. I was happy when everything matched and he sold it to me. I didn't get to much into the history to be honest. I am a NOOB to this hobby I don't even know what to ask. I can honestly say I don't know what I don't know

ralph3162

Bought my first Deuce 2 weeks ago. I then proceeded to spend another several thousand for parts that I figured I would need. I have so far put on New Brakes, Hub Seals, Bearings and Races, Wheel Cylinders, Park Brake, New Hoses, Master Cylinder, Rebuilt Air Pack, Rebuilt Horn Assembly, and bought a New Engine all within a week so it has been a very Chaotic couple weeks for a new hobby LOL.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sounds like its on the "up and up". Nice looking motor. You will love the folks you meet in this hobby, the best of the best, IMHO.

TsgtB

I'm looking for a NOS engine... just down the road.
Any idea where to look around here?
I'm working with an engine that has a troubled past and acting out again....

FloridaAKM

That engine is worth much more than you paid for it, not because it is NOS; but because the emission laws are getting tighter as time goes on & it is exempt...unless you live in California. Very nice score!

TsgtB

I've been searching....
but I have a question on NOS engines, "preserved" or canned engines...

HOW are these engines preserved? Are they filled with anything like cosmoline or something similar?
Are there procedures in the TMs for draining or other services that must be performed before starting?
I'm just not finding the proper key words or something.

ralph3162

The engine is drained. Canned with several large bags of Silica Gel beads to prevent moisture then the can was sealed with silicone and pressurized to 5 lbs. before storage.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
preserved" or canned engines

View attachment TM 9 2320 242 34P Direct_Support_and_General_Support_Maint.pdfGOTO look into TM 9-2320-242-34P its own page 516.2 or figure 211
I have attached interesting stuff, maybe helpful maybe not..................
I did see that the preservation oil is being sold in 5 gallon cans at the present time at the rally.

I've been searching....
but I have a question on NOS engines, "preserved" or canned engines...

HOW are these engines preserved? Are they filled with anything like cosmoline or something similar?
Are there procedures in the TMs for draining or other services that must be performed before starting?
I'm just not finding the proper key words or something.
View attachment TM 9 2320 242 34P Direct_Support_and_General_Support_Maint.pdfView attachment TM9-2815-210-34-2-1 LD465 maintenance from new.pdf
View attachment truck engine preservation ADA382148.pdftruck multifuel container 3.jpg

Last edited:

TsgtB

My engine arrived from Arizona Friday, (thank you AZ)...
It looked like someone had just put it in there last week, not mid 1992.
The case did have several silica bags in it, which were still dry.... there was no rust on the engine in normal places like belt v's or even in the oil fill port, the rockers had no sign of rust and still looked like some oily shine.
There was nothing showing on the dip stick, but i'll pull the plugs to see if there may be some protective oil in the bottom.

So, now the search is... to "flush" any protective oil, or fill it with oil and maybe add "something" (any suggestions?).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nope, dump some generic 30wt oil in and run it for 500 miles, then do an oil change and put in Rotella or Delo or whatever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks