• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Fuel Guage

crazywelder72

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the stock fuel gauge with a non-military one? Besides 24 volts is there any specific important data that needs to be matched up to the sender?

My gauge decided to take a long nap today... so i am looking for a new one. ebay had them $50-$60. I didnt know what other choices were out there.

Lex_Ordo

New Star, is the commercial company that produces the reproduction guages. Every now and then you will find someone on eBay, that has NOS.
I was able to get a NOS for a HMMWV, which didn't fit 100%, due to the rear mounting screws being a bit too short, but I made it work.
Even as surplus, guages run around $40 - $50.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My gauge hasn't worked since I got the Draggin'. I have a dip stick painted in 2" stripes that I use . . . in those rare times when I let it go bellow the filler neck ;) Between that and always looking before and after I drive it I've never even felt that I needed a lieing fuel gauge, . . . and I do have a new sending unit that will go in . . . someday :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks