• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing R/F fender on the HMMWV

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I while ago I did some damage while off roading, I am now replacing the right front fender
There seems to be a bonding agent between the fenders, any ideas or can I just use a bead of silicone.
I did order and receive my rock sliders, so once this is done i will install them and hopefully prevent more damage like this.
Thank you
IMG_1949.JPGIMG_2103.JPG

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silicone will work in a pinch. There are several products used in aviation sheet metal repairs. PRC is a good one. Two part A/B mix, once mixed it has a defined time limit before it sets. A good auto body shop should have Pro Seal or other good sealer.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get the replacement panel? Does the new panel have the vents?

Thanks,

Mark

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was able to buy it from another member
They sell them online , bit I forget who, hummer guy or someone else
Try to Google it or find the part # then do a search, about $65.00
Yes, the panel has vents and the four holes for the screws, you will have to drill the new holes for the rivet
Since mine was trashed, I used a grinder to take out the old rivets, faster than drilling them out

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will add that the military rivets are not like the hardware ones, you will need a good pop rivet gun, I had bought an air one from Harbor Freight, it would not even put a crimp on it at 140PSI, I also had a HD Dewalt with the flex head, it broke on the second rivet, I finally found an old plain one that I had, I was able to do the job, you need a lot of hand torque

Found this online
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...1558189E2A8886F51CD51558189E2A8886F&FORM=VIRE

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks