• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rescue Recovery Of An Old Steel Soldier

RAYZER

Found this old steel soldier in a truck salvage yard in Zellwood Fla a couple of months ago( some of you might recognize this truck),the other day i decided to make the yard owner a offer,he held out his hand,now its mine! This morning, myself, Highfavor1004 and his very understanding wife arrived at the yard around 9:30 AM in the rain to take her home.
The first order of business was to swap out the 4 395's (two of the six ended up on the yard owners fork lift) for 6 900-20's, the yard owner forgot the key to the tool room,no impact so we had to do it by hand,im glad Highfavor was there cause he's young and im old!
Towed her about 30 miles back to the lz in the rain stoping only for fuel and grand slams at Dennys! This was the first time that i flat towed another truck with my deuce.In the rain,its to say the least a white nuckle ride and not for the faint of heart!

Thanks to Highfavor for his much needed help and a follow vehicle.
Thanks to Oddball007 for lending the tow bar.

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

Ray you should have called me, I was in Zellwood today myself. My parents live there.
Great find. Unfortunatly looks like a parts truck only.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cab and a harness and it's going down the road again. Ray, how do you like that ultra skinny steering wheel? I still feel something nefarious was going on with that deal.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If the bumper and ds fender are good, you may want to contact FLATOP68. While leaving his shop 2 days ago, he got sideswiped by a tractor trailer (the tractor trailer drivers fault). His truck was a near immaculate USAF A2C but now it is not so immaculate.

RAYZER

Cab and a harness and it's going down the road again. Ray, how do you like that ultra skinny steering wheel? I still feel something nefarious was going on with that deal.
I agree that it could be fixed,all other parts are good.
Only parts missing are the starter, alternator and horn.
I have a salvage title for the truck,does that mean this truck is good for parts only?
I think parting it out is the way to go with this one, I've already started!

Who wants the skinny steering wheel?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray, please remove the sign, and hang it in your garage or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks