• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reupholsered

hdmax

I with a lot of help from my 12 year old son
Sergeant Lucas
got the passenger seat done the seat received 4" of firm foam rubber cushion, and the back got 2"
1st picture is of the finished seat, 2nd one is of Sergeant Lucas proudly standing with out bobbed Deuce.
This was my first ever attempt at upholstering, I have seen better, but am happy with the outcome.
Not sure if it is evident in the picture, but most of the pattern continues from the seat to the back like a good camouflage should, that was very hard to get right, and took hours making small adjustments.

Attachments

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome Opossum!
Nice job. Now the sergeant will blend into the deuces interior.

Did you grommet the bottom or staple gun it?

hdmax

I used staples (A couple hundred total!) On the passenger side the cover was in very good condition, but the padding/springs were shot, so for extra durability I reupholstered with the original covers using the grommets and new parachute string than covered that with the new camouflage covering.
Not sure how to deal with the driver side seat, as it is totally shot, but the back is in good shape. I need to figure out how to make it so wear will be at a minimum. I would like it to last a really long time.

Awesome Opossum!
Nice job. Now the sergeant will blend into the deuces interior.

Did you grommet the bottom or staple gun it?

hdmax

Thanks everyone!
He is sitting on the seat in the first picture. :p
My son loves Military vehicles so much I think he would live in one.
He loves helping on every aspect of fixing it up as well.

Last edited:

monkeythumbs

Broman78 ...the seatback is just a wire frame resting in a notch. All you have to do is pull, or maybe if its tight take a screw driver and wedge it in between the fame and cushion...should pop out. Sorta like opening a paint can..sorta.

3dAngus

I like it. Great job Mike.

Nice to see Dad's and kids working together too. The bonding memories last a lifetime, and even more so, for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks