• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ring mount legs

Varyag

I got a set of ring mount legs after the PNW convoy last weekend for 25 bucks each :jumpin:but they seem a bit short. The long one is 57 inches long and the short 47 inches. Is this normal?

Also I want to mount them to hold a dummy 50 made into a water cannon I am building. I am just going to put it on a remake swivel just so the "gunner" can shoot forward. Because they are not holding up the ring right now does it matter much if I don't have the back plate?

wsucougarx

Hey Matt, did you get them from Brad's. I got two sets from him. They seemed a bit short but they work no problem. Got them mounted on two deuces right now.

Varyag

Yeah, Brad had them. I just got done sanding them down and found a ricochet on one of them. If they could talk....

Do you have a back plate on any of them? How did you mount the rear ones?

BTW, that a2c you brought to the rally was so freaking awesome. Did you do all that stencil work?

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Hey Matt, thanks! I did the stencils the poor man way. I went to Walmart and bought cardstock. Used a military stencil program that Gringeltube sent to me. Printed them off, pieced them together, and used a good ole exacto. I think my fingers are still blistered:). I don't have the back plate just yet. I'll probably get working on finding one when a ring shows up somewhere. I mounted the rears using the correct military u-bolts w/fine threads I found on Ebay. Brad mentioned something about muffler u bolts. I'm not sure if they would be strong enough.
Glad to hear you made it home safely. Good thing the battery box issue was minor. I had the same thing happen with my A2C in my face, then I quickly replaced it with a plastic battery box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks