• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip oct 10

Hookin1

Well you know how we will do anything for a reason to drive our trucks.............so....I will be making a run from Evansville,in to Terrahaute,in about 100mi one way.....Goint to pick up some cardboard drums for a local church organization......of course they are getting more than the duece can haul by it's self,so....i will be pulling a 30ft pup trailer with a converter dolly behind me :mrgreen: ...i'll be taking pics...now i have to finish getting ready for the trip.

JDToumanian

Is this pup trailer ex-military? If not, I assume the dolly is civilian, too... or did you put a civilian 5th wheel on it?

Will a civilian dolly and trailer's conventional air brakes work with the military truck air/hydraulic brake system? Would a military dolly and trailer have air/hydraulic on it like an m105 or straight air?

Can you tell I know nothing about these trailers? :D

Regards,
Jon

Hookin1

JDToumanian said:
Is this pup trailer ex-military? If not, I assume the dolly is civilian, too... or did you put a civilian 5th wheel on it?

Will a civilian dolly and trailer's conventional air brakes work with the military truck air/hydraulic brake system? Would a military dolly and trailer have air/hydraulic on it like an m105 or straight air?

Can you tell I know nothing about these trailers? :D

Regards,
Jon
Okay first you can pull a civilian dolly and trailer behind a duece using the air brake system..the only thing is the lights are 12volt...so you have to rig you up some light to hang on the back of the trailer....
most of the military dollies are air over hydraulic just like the 105's..the newer versions have air brakes on them....

Now for the trip...........i was'nt able to finalize the deal on the pup trailer.....a friend of mine bought 15 trailers from a trucking company,he was going to let me use one of the pup trailers....come to find out he did'nt get a pup trailer in the ones he bought...and the shortest one was a 50 footer....i thought that might be a little long to pull behind the duece aua ...so i can tell you that you can fit 37 55gal fibre drums in the back of a duece if you untie the cargo cover and raise the bows up.....of course the cargo cover when tied down is about a foot higher......i did'nt get any pictures of the truck loaded with barrels but i did stop and take these pics on the way up.......

A little history on this tank.....it was picked up by a local heavy haul trucking company...i will not mention there name.....the owner is a ww2 vet......the toyata plant is located just north of this VFW.....the owner told them if you turn the turret and angle the gun towards the toyota plant i will not charge you a dime for hauling this back from FT.Knox....just to set the story straight.....the where no funds transfered for this move [thumbzup]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks