• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Robyn, need you to shine here

EdMontana

Hello Robyn,

I wonder if you can give us some news about the SF-97 waiting times.....I am waiting for over 4 months....called only twice and was chatting once over the site link......every time the girls are very polite but not a real help, same saying.. "sorry, we sold too many trucks and we have a huge back log"......last week, after 4 months and one day waiting I called and I just said that I wanted to know about the status of my SF-97's (four requests) and I was put on hold even without asking me my customer number what was a little strange.

Surprisingly, when she comes back she knew my name, I guess they are running a caller ID but it gets more confusing to understand because my account is under my Corporation...anyway she just said...YES WE HAVE YOUR REQUEST HERE, but nothing else could be said.

I was under the impression that the SF-97's were taking about 3 months and I already waited over 4 months...this is 1/3 of a year and is getting very annoying seeing my trucks parked at my property without the proper paper work or tags and not being able to drive and enjoy them.

Can you tell us please what to really expect in terms of waiting for the SF-97??

Also what can be done to check where the drag is on this paper work and fix it?? At this point and time I would be more than happy in paying the $60 fee and have the SF97 sooner than who know how many months... I think most of everyone here simply does not know what are the steps that GL need take in order to get this SF-97 in our hands, I understand back log due to too many truck sales but how long one really will need to wait??

Thank You in advance for your response.

Respectfully,

Homeland Defense And Police Supply Corp.
Ed Montagna - President

Blythewoodjoe

I don't want this to sound like another of my rants, but I too would ask for some insight of this issue. We are all adults and have dealt with lots of agencies and individuals in our walk through life and this is really the most amazing drama to watch unfold. Just to put things into prospective let me relate two things I have done recently.

First, I pulled a plumbing permit with the city to run a sewer line. I went to one line and asked what I needed to do. They gave the permit form and send me to licensing. They checked my license and told me to get approved by zoning and permitting. I went to zoning and they sent me back to licensing and then back to permitting. I paid my $20 and received my permit. There was no line of people any where so it only took about 20 minutes. It was amusing to me and it seems like an episode of SNL.

Second, I have met with engineers and had a plastic mold designed, machined and completed and now have a product manufactured. This has taken just over four months. It has required constant attention from myself and the manufacturer. It has seemed like forever. My mold would sit for weeks in a machine being burned down to size. I have made the 70 mile trip to the manufacture about a dozen times. Sometimes twice in one week.

My point is I, like most of the people waiting here, am being asking to have an unusual amount of patents waiting of these forms. There is nothing being manufactured here. This should be like my trip to the city. It used to be that quick. How many SF97's are being issued a day and how many trucks did GL sell? When it was predicted it would take over a month I thought that was odd. Now 4 and 6 months for some guys. Where is the paper work sitting? I have learned when working with people that you must let the person I am grilling for info know that the only way to get me off their back, is to relay to them that if they can't help me, let me know who can and I won't trouble them any more. So please let us know where the train has derailed so we can go to that point and work on this.

I mean no disrespect with this post. I really want someone to help me understand why these things are not moving.

Joe T.

HeadWizard

For those of us who buy a vehicle in the state that we live (or are going to register the vehicle in) I would suggest contacting the Motor Vehicle or DMV HEADQUARTERS. Ask to speak to someone in their VEHICLE DEALER section and explain what has gone on. Many states have regulations that are not being adhered to by GL.

Maybe pressure by agencies of several states will get GL to perform to a reasonable time frame of providing paperwork?

It's strange that no one has mentioned or complained about the "time value of money" that we spent on an asset that we cannot use, or the money some of us spend insuring a vehicle that we cannot use......hummmmm.

:nothingfunny:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
HeadWizard said:
For those of us who buy a vehicle in the state that we live (or are going to register the vehicle in) I would suggest contacting the Motor Vehicle or DMV HEADQUARTERS. Ask to speak to someone in their VEHICLE DEALER section and explain what has gone on. Many states have regulations that are not being adhered to by GL.

Maybe pressure by agencies of several states will get GL to perform to a reasonable time frame of providing paperwork?

It's strange that no one has mentioned or complained about the "time value of money" that we spent on an asset that we cannot use, or the money some of us spend insuring a vehicle that we cannot use......hummmmm.

:nothingfunny:
Been there, done that......
Next?

CGarbee

I have paperwork pending as well... Four months and counting...
I have taken deposits from folks for trucks that I can't deliver because I don't have the paperwork for them.
I have no room in the yard to put newer purchases...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CGarbee said:
I have paperwork pending as well... Four months and counting...
I have taken deposits from folks for trucks that I can't deliver because I don't have the paperwork for them.
I have no room in the yard to put newer purchases...
Sounds like you need a bigger yard.

(Yes, I'm kidding.)

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Im waiting 4 months now also, I get hung up on after being put on hold after getting my info , or transfered after being on hold twice to two differnt guys that didnt ansewer, one voice mail was some guy rapping and they didnt work for GL.

grobinson2

Hummm

Well I know I am very new to all this but I grew up around state politics. Has anyone gone the rout of speaking with there government officials as far as senator or rep?

Thanks,
Glenn

Blake

form 97 request

My form 97 request were confirmed received by GL on 2/19. To date, I don't have any answers except they are working on them. They do not have any details and would like my patience in the matter for a "few more weeks". Some on here have gotten confirmed dates where they "were sent to battle creek". If that is the case, I guess mine are still sitting in the in box awaiting processing. The funny thing is they keep saying they are being processed in the order they are being received. I asked what date range are they currently processing. They could not give me a date. I have used the online chat, called the customer service number, sent emails to the info email box and even addressed some to "management" as the online chat recommended. None of the above methods have provided any definitive answers other than due to the backlog, wait several more weeks.

How are they ever to catch up and start collecting their fees. My own opinion is that they have lost the fee money on us "old timers". They are trying to catch up on the new request so they can collect the fees and supplement their work load with the months and months pile. I have nothing to back up the above opinion; Im just trying to rationalize the situation.

Robin, can you shed any light on my request?

thanks

devilman96

RE: form 97 request

In regards to the state of Florida on this matter...

3. TRANSFER WITHIN 30 DAYS
319.23(6), F.S.
The statutes require that a dealer actually apply for the transfer of title and registration on behalf of
a purchaser within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase or date of delivery. If the title was not
available, the dealer must have applied for a duplicate title. Once a duplicate title is issued, the
dealer must then apply for transfer of the duplicate to the purchaser within thirty days. If the time
frames are not met, there is a statutory late fee assessed, and the dealer’s license may be subject
to administrative sanctions.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: form 97 request

Don't hold your breath regarding SF97's, you will get the standard reply "due to the high volume" "we have waived fees" "Processed in the order received"

Maddawg has his, in approx 60 days, Freighttrain doesn't have his, FT submitted his before Maddawg.......Robyn/GL refuses to address this.....
I submitted 6 SF97's the first 2 weeks of Feb, I then Submitted 2 more the middle of March, I was told today that all 8 are enroute to me as we speak....
So much for processed as they are received.....

So don't hold your breath.....

And as a side note, Robyn was online today, and did not address this thread.

EdMontana

Re: RE: form 97 request

FMJ said:

I don't think Robym could miss my post as I also sent a PM with a link to this thread, possibly Robym is looking for the right answers with GL management, remember that Robym is only the messenger and I just hope that this link between this section and Robym can make the difference for all of us waiting for many months bringing a solution to this problem.....big problem

If not, this section in the forum will be just a waste of space.

:arrow: Also, for those that have NOTHING positive to include to this thread...please don't post your "kidding smart A posts" I like to see a real solution from this thread and keep it clean of trolls.Thank You
Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

EdMontana said:
FMJ said:

I don't think Robym could miss my post as I also sent a PM with a link to this thread, possibly Robym is looking for the right answers with GL management, remember that Robym is only the messenger and I just hope that this link between this section and Robym can make the difference for all of us waiting for many months bringing a solution to this problem.....big problem

:arrow: Also, for those that have NOTHING positive to include to this thread...please don't post your "kidding smart A posts" I like to see a real solution from this thread and keep it clean of trolls.Thank You
Ed
FWIW, I have asked these questions before in other threads, and Robyn will not answer the questions, she posts the company boiler plate response. I wish you luck.

Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

EdMontana said:
FMJ said:

Ed
Unfortunately, I fear the latter........

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: form 97 request

Ive only been waiting since Jan 29th. I sent an email in the begining of April and this is what they replied with. Its frustrating but it gives me time to finish my bob job since I cant drive it anyway. I cut and pasted it below.

The posting is accurate, we are waiving eligible titling fees as a courtesy. However, there are a few more points I'd like to clarify. You're aware of the fact that a significant increase in vehicle sales volume has caused SF97 turnaround times to be longer than normal. We have made several adjustments to bring these wait times back to the usual 30 day timeframe, and one of these adjustments involves waiving eligible titling fees as a courtesy. You do qualify for this. If you do not receive a refund ten days after you receive your title, please contact the Customer Service Department. However, this is a temporary adjustment and once the backlog has been cleared out, the fees will resume as stated in our Terms and Conditions. Let me see if you are eligible to get your titling fee waived.

We hope this information has been helpful; feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance and have a great day!

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Government Liquidation, LLC

DOD Surplus, LLC

15051 N. Kierland Blvd, Ste 300

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Ph: 480.367.1300

Fax: 480.367.1450

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks