• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rock Island, IL.

DAS

Was there today.11-17...to get mine...the tires are low on most of them but I had an air tank full so I put half in both tires,which made them at 22lbs and pull it to gas station and made them them 45lbs,pulled good all the way home ..no problems....mine was up in the air but scott and I pulled it right down to the ground......nice trailer....ran 60mph all the way back....If you take I-80 out,watch for the law,they were everywhere writing notes to people on the side...Have a good trip and be carefull.....DAS

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you be so kind as to take a look at my trailer and let me know it's general condition? I would certainly appreciate it! Lot #7532 SN# 487 THANKS A BUNCH!
God bless!

Tony:-D

zb39

You could fill several trailers with firearms from the Browning museum for me.:-D That place is well worth the time to visit. also some nice MV outside to drool over.

Would you be so kind as to take a look at my trailer and let me know it's general condition? I would certainly appreciate it! Lot #7532 SN# 487 THANKS A BUNCH!
God bless!
All of the trailers are NOS, mine has a 1986 date on it. They are really nice for having sat for 23 years, but buy a good supply of WD-40.
My landing gear does not spin or crank, I can move it into the stored position for travel.
Parking brakes are stuck, fortunately they were in the "off" position.
The trailers are all tilted back and as stated before the hinges on the tool boxes are rusted shut. So take some WD-40 with you, spray the hinges right away. I did not find out until I got home, but the tool boxes were full of water. They had the plywood boxes still in them, about 100 pounds of soggy wood, and about 30 gallons of swamp water, for 200+ more pounds. Having this weight gone would have made for a nicer trip home.
All of the trailer tires are low on air, I took a tank of nitrogen with an air chuck to fill my tires on site. It will take alot of air so plan on something other than a little 12v air compressor.
Getting on base was as easy as could be, just pull into the truck inspection lane and tell them you are going to the DRMO. You don't have to go inside to register, like at other bases.
Chuck from GL is a real nice guy and was easy to deal with, but he does give directions like an old farmer.
I don't hold much hope for the hydraulics to work, but that can be fixed easy enough.
Overall it was a good trip for an interesting and nice trailer. I did take some pics of your trailer but I don't have them here. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Have a nice recovery.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the pictures!! That is greatly appreciated! I will be taking the "Raven Deuce" up to bring her home when my EUC arrives. I certainly do appreciate all of your assistance!! You prove again that S.S. members really DO go "above and beyond"! THANKS GREG!
God bless!

66bug

Banned
Well the 818 from Waunakee was fired up last week. Ran great with no leaks and all the pressures and temps normal. Looks like it was gone through in 2004 bearings,brakes etc. with new torque arms installed also. Just in time for the snow to fly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks