• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RRAD REBUILD- IUID digital block

Andrmorr

Per the RRAD Program Director, The IUID digital block on the bottom right corner of the RRAD dataplate should give truck specific info if anyone can read it with a scanner...

bottom right of pic is IUID digital data block...Does anyone have the software setup to read this?
If you can, I can send a better close up...

Attachments

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a thought but have you tried one of the bar code scanner apps for smart phones. I know the one I use will read the data blocks like that. Question is whether that block is proprietary to RRAD or is universal format. I'm not near my truck but can check when I get home. I don't recall my plate having one of those though.

Andrmorr

Got the truck in Jan, and I'm just now trying to track it down. RRAD talked like it was not proprietary so I'm hoping someone who has a more advanced smart phone or business uses the digiblock data can help all of us with the RRAD tags. My phone is just a lowly flip phone, but it's mil grade and water proof which better fits my work habits...

If your phone can read it. That would be huge!
If not I can take a close up pic and update later this week.

Attachments

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post a better picture and I'll pull it up on the desktop computer and try to scan it. They say my phone is smart but it's just a brick with lights so this might not work, lol.

I know you've put some time and effort in this, as have I but without much success, but wanted to say the work done so far is appreciated. Some of my questions might now be answered.

Alexsha

Last edited:

Andrmorr

The IUID is a data matrix code. Most QR/Barcode readers will NOT be able to read the IUID. I tested quite a few scanner apps on my Android phone. None were able to read a data matrix code.

I take that back. I just found 1 app that was able to do it: i-nigma QR & Barcode Scanner
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.threegvision.products.inigma.Android&hl=en

Get a better picture of that IUID and I'll give it a shot.
"Therein lies the rub"...I'm confident somebody in this outstanding group of consummate professionals can/will break the code...Standby for resolution...

Last edited:

Andrmorr

Originally Posted by Andrmorr
"Therein lies the rub"...I'm confident somebody in this outstanding group of consummate professionals can/will break the code...Standby for resolution...

Resolution not as important as good focus and a very steady shot.

Resolution of the issue not the pic! Lol! But I get your point....

Yep

A Straight on picture (not angled) that is also clear and sharp is what is needed.

This pic was a just representative shot of what I was talking about for those others who have the same RRAD tag...
I'll forward a close up of my tag as soon as I get back in the same state as the truck...Now that I've got the 5 ton, missing home has another facet other than family now!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got home and read the code on mine. It did end up having one I just never noticed. My scanner wouldn't read it but the scanner Alexsha posted did...I think. Picture below of the results from the app. Can anyone make sense of it?

Screenshot_2015-03-10-16-52-51.jpg

Alexsha

I'm guessing it's encoded or the app is FUBAR.

A better idea might be to use the i-nigma app directly on one of those codes, rather than on a picture of one.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran the whole string and the parts of the string through Google and came up with nothing. I fear it does mean something just not to us, lol.

Andrmorr

I ran the whole string and the parts of the string through Google and came up with nothing. I fear it does mean something just not to us, lol.
I'll run it by the RRAD director and see if it is internal coding...the digiblock isnt but the info in the blocks might be...the hunt continues...

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm guessing it's encoded or the app is FUBAR.

A better idea might be to use the i-nigma app directly on one of those codes, rather than on a picture of one.
Just saw your edit. I scanned the code in my truck directly and that is the result I got. I didn't attempt to scan the one posted.

MtnSnow

The Returned code makes perfect sense if it follows what mine did....
I scanned the one on my M923A2 and it returned numbers that I can say match my data plate for "serial #" and "USA Number" as well as my "NL0xxx" number
that are on my data plate. (except for the very first 4 digits....... 0617V and then the "P" & "S" but they coincide with the start of my "S"erial# and "P'roperty numbers )

Here is your number that the code returned
06 17v67101 1P8736986-2 SC52307457

So I would venture a guess your truck's serial # is C52307457
I would venture a guess your truck's US Property # is 6710187369862

Last edited:

Andrmorr

Just got home and read the code on mine. It did end up having one I just never noticed. My scanner wouldn't read it but the scanner Alexsha posted did...I think. Picture below of the results from the app. Can anyone make sense of it?

View attachment 547068[/
QUOTE]

Did the digi block on your transfer case scan the same as the one on your dash?
I'm betting since your transfer case had one, your engine does too...Easter egg hunt anyone?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks