Rubber duck

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

jholler

Looking for one, maybe two, m16a2 rubber duck training rifles to put in my m1009 rack. Trying not to pay $250 apiece on the auction site.

Another Ahab

Looking for one, maybe two, m16a2 rubber duck training rifles to put in my m1009 rack. Trying not to pay $250 apiece on the auction site.
Sorry, can't help you with sourcing, but likely somebody here can (and will).

Just curious:

- Never heard that expression before ("rubber duck"), is that a service reference (you know Army, Navy, etc) or ust a generic term or something?

Another Ahab

Thanks!

I see a date reference to 1984 (the first definition), and I entered service in 1980: never encountered any rubber ducks!

Funny though, I enlisted under Carter and as a machine gunner the weapons training was memorizing the characterisitics (still remember: "air-cooled, belt-fed, gas-operated" for the M60). Then Reagan came in and it was either live or it was nothing, mostly live: all the way!

Rubber ducks make good sense. I get it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks