• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rubber fuel pump hose

Sam27

Is the rubber hose to the mechanical lift pump a custom bent deal or is it okay to use standard fuel hose? It kind of looks custom to me, but I can't tell for sure. If it is custom, is there a source for replacement?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This can be answered by looking at the -20P tech manual. Find the picture of the hose in question, then look at the part number listing. If it has a part number(GM) then it is prebent. If it says to make it from "hose #..." then it is just bulk straight hose.

ralbelt

#791805 is a 90degree molded end fuel line from Briggs and Stratton. I have had it on mine for 3 years, black rubber, fuel resistant, 1/4 in inside dia.

I have actually replaced all OEM fuel line on my M1008 with B&S fuel line.

DonK

Is the rubber hose to the mechanical lift pump a custom bent deal or is it okay to use standard fuel hose? It kind of looks custom to me, but I can't tell for sure. If it is custom, is there a source for replacement?
....COME ON MAN...!!!!!....

Doghead.....aua....You with me?

BIG_RED

Pretty sure it's a preformed fuel line. Mine sure was(Only God who know's if it was original). I replaced it with 3/8" bulk rubber fuel line (Your's was 1/4" Ralbelt?). Worked fine. Have heard of people having trouble with bulk fuel line collapsing under the pump's vacuum. Just use enough that the bend is nice & gradual - Mine worked fine. (If your fuel pickup is somewhat clogged, you may have collapsing issues.. However, if your pickup is clogged, that's a problem in itself.) Good Luck!

acesneights1

Use Pusklok. I doubt very much it's made anymore. Not much stuff is available. Ever since GM went bankrupt and screwed all there parts distributors . Even stuff for GMNT400's is drying up fast. forget about square body's.

Sam27

Yeah. it's custom. I found another thread where people claimed to have success with standard fuel line though. I'm going to give it a shot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks